REPORT CARD: UM 17, SYRACUSE 10

Offense: The offensive unit was unspectacular, gaining only 250 net yards, but they played well enough to win. The decision to pound the ball with Tyrone Moss late in the game was crucial for the Hurricanes and helped overcome a sub-par passing performance by Derrick Crudup.
Grade: B

Quarterback: Crudup did nothing to separate himself from Brock Berlin, going five for 13 for 80 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He threw a couple of passes that should have been picked off, but his rushing ability and the fact that the ‘Canes won help his overall evaluation.
Grade: C+

Running Backs: Moss was the entire offense during the second half, gaining 91 yards on 18 carries and scoring the winning touchdown for the Hurricanes. Jarrett Payton added 61 yards on 14 carries.
Grade: A-

Wide Receivers: Ryan Moore was the only regular wide out to have a catch, hauling in three receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown. Kellen Winslow was a non factor on offense. If the Hurricanes want to beat Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks, they will have to find a way to get Kevin Beard and the other receivers more involved.
Grade: C-

Offensive Line: The o-line had their best performance in weeks, opening up holes for Moss to plow through in the second half. Their pass protection wasn’t as good as it could have been, but the ‘Canes barely threw the ball at all.
Grade: B

Defense: The defense has been rock solid all season long, allowing only 10 points for the second consecutive week. Syracuse netted only 192 yards of total offense.
Grade: B+

Defensive Line: The d-line only got to R.J. Anderson once, and Walter Reyes was able to run the ball up the middle with ease on a couple of drives. But the line bore down in the fourth quarter, not allowing Reyes to gain any substantial yardage at the end of the game.
Grade: B-

Linebackers: Jon Vilma and D.J. Williams did not have their best games, but it is hard to complain when a unit only gives up 10 points in a game. Syracuse never had any big offensive plays, and the linebackers did a good job of containing Reyes, one of the best backs in the nation.
Grade: B-

Secondary: Anderson only passed for 85 yards, and the Orangemen wide receivers never were allowed to get involved. Maurice Sikes was especially impressive for the Hurricanes.
Grade: A

Special Teams: Jon Peattie converted on a long field goal into the wind, Winslow blocked a punt, and Brian Monroe punted well for the Hurricanes. The unit was solid throughout the game.
Grade: A-

compiled by Eric Kalis

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...