HEIGHT 6 feet 8 inches
WEIGHT 235 pounds

Frisby returns to the Hurricanes this season after sitting out last year with a foot injury. He will be counted on for rebounding, defense, and athleticism as he takes on opposing centers from the Big East. As a sophomore, Frisby averaged 1.5 points and 1.4 rebounds.

HEIGHT 6 feet 10 inches
WEIGHT 222 pounds

Rice, a preseason candidate for the Wooden and Naismith awards, led the Hurricanes in scoring last season with 18.7 points a game. Rice has started throughout his Miami career, and will be the centerpiece of the ‘Canes’ offense this year. Rice is expected to be a high draft pick next year, and the entire country will be curious to see how he performs in his final season with the Hurricanes.

Wilkins ERIC
POSITION Guard/Forward
HEIGHT 6 feet 4 inches
WEIGHT 196 pounds
HOMETOWN Plainfield, NJ

Wilkins played in all 28 games as a freshman, averaging 4.4 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 1.4 assists. His size, strength, and athletic ability have earned him a starting spot this year. Wilkins has a vertical leap of 39.5 inches.

HEIGHT 6 feet 2 inches
WEIGHT 186 pounds
HOMETOWN Cincinnati, OH

Hite played in all 28 games as a freshman, starting 18 of them at the off-guard position. He averaged 7.3 points, 3.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.1 steals per game. He will be counted on as the second option behind Rice in the Hurricanes’ offense, and has worked on his defense all summer. Hite put on about 10 pounds of muscle in the off season.

POSITION Point Guard
HEIGHT 5 feet 11 inches
WEIGHT 173 pounds

Surratt played in all 28 games last season, making 15 starts. He averaged 6.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.3 steals for the Hurricanes. He is known for his exceptional speed, court vision, passing, and ball handling abilities. Surratt will be counted on to be a floor general and tough defender for the ‘Canes.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

On the eve of her team’s NCAA Tournament opener, University of Miami coach Katie Meier took the oppo ...

The defeated and deflated Miami Hurricanes quietly packed up their bags and trudged out of their Ame ...

Even before Donte Ingram broke Miami’s heart and sent the Hurricanes home from the NCAA Tournament w ...

And so ends Miami's season. No. 11 seed Loyola-Chicago's Donte Ingram hit a buzzer-beating ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

The University of Miami takes concrete steps to become the hemispheric university as it builds a rel ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team was just a point away from its first true road victor ...

Miami's offense shook off a slow start to the series, and the Hurricanes departed Durham Bulls ...

The No. 31 Miami women's tennis team posted its seventh win in the past eight outings by toppin ...

The University of Miami rowing team closed out its spring opener at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invi ...

The Canes closed out the Hurricane Invitational with a strong showing on the track and in the field ...