The Ritalin Wars: D.A.R.E to keep kids on drugs

What’s the biggest joke being played on us by people older than us? If the title of the article did not already suggest it, then you could infer that it’s about the chemical substances that alter the moods and consciousness of our human mind.

There is a big joke being played on us. First, look at all the garbage we have to hear about why marijuana is so harmful yet people are being put on Ritalin. Little do they know that Ritalin is a Schedule 2 Drug, which has effects and addiction problems that are very similar to cocaine. In addition, what these idiot parents do not realize are the long-term damaging effects on physical and mental health they are creating by making people eat up that little pill. If your kid has so much energy, no American has won the New York City Marathon.

I cannot believe in my lifetime that these baby boomers have the nerve to tell us that any drugs that are not prescribed are bad. They will dismiss pot as evil but suck down that Prozac as if they should belong in the land of depression. I cannot say why people get depressed, no one really knows. Nevertheless, I do not believe that anyone taking pills will have any beneficial effects in the end. My question to most people in therapy is this: “I don’t know you and I shall not judge, but what was it in life that you could neither obtain nor achieve because of your depressive mental status?” After all this, we are being told that the 1960s and 1970s was nothing more than a bad memory that only TV could produce.

And look at the television and video games. The very first game I played was Super Mario Brothers-that small guy would ingest a mushroom and grow to be ten times bigger. Then if you were lucky, Mario would eat a peyote-containing flower to throw fireballs. Now tell me what the hell is that? And as far as TV goes, look at Nickelodeon-that show “Doug” where his friends were green and had heads shaped like oranges and pineapples. No normal person could ever make up those people without once ever tripping on acid.

Oh well, I write weird stuff because there is not enough Ritalin in me.

Seth Bleicher can be contacted at sethbleicher@yahoo.com.

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...