NEWS BRIEFS

Library elevator out of service

Because of its recent unreliable performance, the Kone elevator located in the main lobby of the library will remain out of service until necessary repairs are made. People requiring elevator service will be able to use the Brockway Hall Elevator to access the second and third floors.
When accessing the library through Brockway Hall, all University of Miami Community library users must show their ‘Cane Cards to the library staff person manning the elevator. When exiting the library by way of Brockway Hall elevator, all library materials must be checked out at the Circulation Desk in the main lobby. All handbags, satchels, briefcases, book bags, computer cases and bags of any sort must be cleared through the security exit gate in the main library lobby. Please pardon the inconvenience while the necessary repairs are made.

‘Ibis’ seeks contributing writers

The Ibis yearbook is in need of writers. The theme of the book this year is school spirit, and the staff want to include as many voices and reactions as possible in the book. The Ibis covers anything and everything that takes place on campus and even off campus, like summer blockbusters or the World Series.
Everyone is encouraged to submit their stories, even if they think it is not something that would be included. The stories are usually 250 to 300 words, but it is also okay if the articles are more. There are plenty of assignments that need to be covered, and stories printed in the yearbook are considered published work, so it looks great on resumes. The Ibis yearbook wins awards every year – why not be a part of it? All quotes and stories can be sent to ibiswriter@hotmail.com or dropped off at the yearbook office in UC 229. Include your name, year, and an e-mail address.

Holiday Hope Tree needs gifts for underprivileged children

The Butler Volunteer Services Center is celebrating all the holidays by giving you a chance to buy a disadvantaged child a gift. Holiday Hope Tree information can be picked up at the University Center Information Desk.

Artists wanted for A Week for Life

Calling All Artists! A Week for Life is having an art display as part of opening ceremonies this semester and would like you to take part in it! A Week for Life takes place from Nov. 17 through 22 this fall and would like the week to start off with a bang.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...