NEWS BRIEFS

Library elevator out of service

Because of its recent unreliable performance, the Kone elevator located in the main lobby of the library will remain out of service until necessary repairs are made. People requiring elevator service will be able to use the Brockway Hall Elevator to access the second and third floors.
When accessing the library through Brockway Hall, all University of Miami Community library users must show their ‘Cane Cards to the library staff person manning the elevator. When exiting the library by way of Brockway Hall elevator, all library materials must be checked out at the Circulation Desk in the main lobby. All handbags, satchels, briefcases, book bags, computer cases and bags of any sort must be cleared through the security exit gate in the main library lobby. Please pardon the inconvenience while the necessary repairs are made.

‘Ibis’ seeks contributing writers

The Ibis yearbook is in need of writers. The theme of the book this year is school spirit, and the staff want to include as many voices and reactions as possible in the book. The Ibis covers anything and everything that takes place on campus and even off campus, like summer blockbusters or the World Series.
Everyone is encouraged to submit their stories, even if they think it is not something that would be included. The stories are usually 250 to 300 words, but it is also okay if the articles are more. There are plenty of assignments that need to be covered, and stories printed in the yearbook are considered published work, so it looks great on resumes. The Ibis yearbook wins awards every year – why not be a part of it? All quotes and stories can be sent to ibiswriter@hotmail.com or dropped off at the yearbook office in UC 229. Include your name, year, and an e-mail address.

Holiday Hope Tree needs gifts for underprivileged children

The Butler Volunteer Services Center is celebrating all the holidays by giving you a chance to buy a disadvantaged child a gift. Holiday Hope Tree information can be picked up at the University Center Information Desk.

Artists wanted for A Week for Life

Calling All Artists! A Week for Life is having an art display as part of opening ceremonies this semester and would like you to take part in it! A Week for Life takes place from Nov. 17 through 22 this fall and would like the week to start off with a bang.

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...