NEWS BRIEFS

Holiday Hope Tree seeks donations

The Butler Volunteer Services Center is celebrating all the holidays by giving you a chance to buy a disadvantaged child a gift. Holiday Hope Tree information can be picked up at the University Center Information Desk.
Artists wanted for A Week for Life

Calling all artists! A Week for Life is having an art display as part of opening ceremonies this semester and would like you to take part in it. A Week for Life takes place from Nov. 17 through 22 this fall. If you’re an artist, or aspire to be an artist or just like to doodle in your spare time, please submit a piece to A Week for Life to add to their art display for the week. All pieces should be related to AIDS/HIV awareness and should be submitted to the VSC (UC 240) by no later than Nov. 14.

Hot Sauce Harry’s introduces official UM gourmet products

Fire up for the University of Miami Hurricanes’ winning seasonings! They’re HOT, HOT, HOT! Now fans can party with the officially licensed Miami Hurricanes’ tailgating smorgasbord by Hot Sauce Harry’s including Cayenne Hot Sauce, Habanero Hot Sauce, jars of Picante Salsa, Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce, Nacho Cheese, Wing Sauce and Chili Mix. Each item is beautifully labeled with the official logo and colors of the Miami Hurricanes.
“We are pleased to launch these gourmet sauces and spicy treats for the Miami Hurricanes to heat up tailgating fun at the University of Miami,” says Bob Harris, spokesperson for Hot Sauce Harry’s. Harris adds that the collegiate hot sauces also make hot collectibles and suggests that fans buy one for cooking and one for looking.
Hot Sauce Harry’s, as featured on the Food Network and CNN, has won more than 40 national food awards and produces gourmet sauces for 35 NCAA colleges. Fans can also purchase the Miami Hurricanes Tail Gate Party Pack, as well as, the Miami Hurricanes Ultimate Fan Gift Pack To order Hot Sauce Harry’s officially licensed Miami Hurricanes tailgating merchandise, call toll free 1-800-588-8979 or shop online at www.HotSauceHarrys.com.
QuantUM Entertainment presents murder mystery dinner show

Debra Ginsberg, a professional director and actors is working with UM students on Who Killed The Director? a murder mystery dinner theater show written by Dick Laffin. QuantUM Entertainment, a student-run independent production company producing film and theater for the Coral Gables campus and surrounding community, is producing the play. The organization has over 700 members and is a part of Hurricane Productions.
The central character of the show is Cecil B. DePille, who is casting his next play. Various characters audition, including Cecil’s lover and a gangster’s mistress. Cecil’s wife and her lover, DePille’s best friend, secretly look on. Cecil decides on a young woman who needs the job; however, the gangster threatens him into casting his mistress. Everyone becomes a suspect when the director is found murdered.
The audience solves the crime by interviewing the cast members as they walk among the tables. The actors have permission to take liberties with the script and use it only as an outline, resulting in a highly improvisational show.
The show runs from Nov. 19 through 23, and all shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in the UC Breezeway, Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., or by calling 305-284-6399. Tickets are $25 for VIP seating, $20 for adults and $15 for UM students and include a three course Italian dinner.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...