POLICE BEAT: Self-defense courses available for women

SAFETY TIP OF THE WEEK
The Rape Aggression Defense System is an internationally recognized program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program.
The courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. Instructors and provide each student with a workbook and reference manual. This manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth and is the key to their free lifetime return and practice policy for R.A.D. graduates. RAD is also the only self-defense program endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
For information contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 29

1:58 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Burglary
3:50 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr.
Grand Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 30

12:34 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Burglary

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1

12:40 a.m. 1200 Dickinson Dr.
Hit and Run
1:52 a.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr.
Hit and Run

MONDAY NOVEMBER 3

3:15 p.m. 1530 Liguria Ave. Grand Theft
5:42 p.m. 5202 University Dr. Criminal Mischief
6:19 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 4

5:20 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
2:25 p.m. 6100 San Amaro Dr. Criminal Mischief
4:24 p.m. 5202 University Dr.
Grand Theft

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...