POLICE BEAT: Self-defense courses available for women

The Rape Aggression Defense System is an internationally recognized program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program.
The courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. Instructors and provide each student with a workbook and reference manual. This manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth and is the key to their free lifetime return and practice policy for R.A.D. graduates. RAD is also the only self-defense program endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
For information contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

1:58 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Burglary
3:50 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr.
Grand Theft

12:34 p.m. 5665 Ponce de Leon Burglary

12:40 a.m. 1200 Dickinson Dr.
Hit and Run
1:52 a.m. 5800 San Amaro Dr.
Hit and Run

3:15 p.m. 1530 Liguria Ave. Grand Theft
5:42 p.m. 5202 University Dr. Criminal Mischief
6:19 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft

5:20 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
2:25 p.m. 6100 San Amaro Dr. Criminal Mischief
4:24 p.m. 5202 University Dr.
Grand Theft

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...

Amy Deem and the Hurricanes will travel to Los Angeles to compete at the Power 5 Trail Blazer Challe ...

The University of Miami baseball program will host its third annual 'Bark in the Park' gam ...

Miami sophomore guard declares for NBA Draft but will not hire agent. ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...