SG UPDATE: Four New Senators appointed to UM Student Government

During last week’s meeting, four students were ratified into the SG Senate: Stephanie Soricelli as School of Education senator, Christopher R. Vasquez as Pearson Residential College senator, Silia Sagre as School of Nursing senator and Ramiro Munoz as School of Architecture senator.

Along with the ratifications, President Scott Sadowski presented his State of the University address.

Highlighting the improvements Student Government has implemented, Sadowski discussed the increased internal communication and executive board dedication. He praised the PR committee for their efforts in the “For U by U” campaign and the SG website which is currently under construction.

Sadowski also discussed upcoming projects including having a shuttle before breaks to take students to Miami International Airport.

Sadowski ended his speech expressing his enjoyment in working with all of SG.

If anyone has any complaints, problems, or concerns, inform your SG senator and he or she will contact the proper individuals.

For more information on SG, visit the SG website at www.miami.edu/sg, stop by the office in UC 214, or call 305-284-3082.

To contact SG, email them at studentgovernment@umiami.edu.

Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. and are open to the public.

Meredith Friedman can be contacted at m.friedman@umiami.edu.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...