SG UPDATE: Four New Senators appointed to UM Student Government

During last week’s meeting, four students were ratified into the SG Senate: Stephanie Soricelli as School of Education senator, Christopher R. Vasquez as Pearson Residential College senator, Silia Sagre as School of Nursing senator and Ramiro Munoz as School of Architecture senator.

Along with the ratifications, President Scott Sadowski presented his State of the University address.

Highlighting the improvements Student Government has implemented, Sadowski discussed the increased internal communication and executive board dedication. He praised the PR committee for their efforts in the “For U by U” campaign and the SG website which is currently under construction.

Sadowski also discussed upcoming projects including having a shuttle before breaks to take students to Miami International Airport.

Sadowski ended his speech expressing his enjoyment in working with all of SG.

If anyone has any complaints, problems, or concerns, inform your SG senator and he or she will contact the proper individuals.

For more information on SG, visit the SG website at www.miami.edu/sg, stop by the office in UC 214, or call 305-284-3082.

To contact SG, email them at studentgovernment@umiami.edu.

Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. and are open to the public.

Meredith Friedman can be contacted at m.friedman@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...