Lyrics by Josh Kaston

The unwavering scent of quince brings on the juggernaut:
Legs, like woolly tree trunks, marching
A locomotive beating down a beaten path
Over cratered purple landscapes
As trampling gives to stomping
Our careless queen is stuck.

Black sap oozes between her toes, swallowing her feet
But on she presses, intent with newfound sweetness
Losing sight of her knees, she heaps forward
Salivating eyes never deserting the glossy fruit
As knuckles crack, a muscle rips, ligaments are pulled
Her mighty brown shoulders sink into liquid night
Desperately, her trunk reaches out, searching, stretching, gasping…
And finally finds her luscious prize:

Too bad her mouth is already full of tar.

Josh Kaston can be reached at hey804@yahoo.com

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...