NEWS BRIEFS

Various SG Senate seats available

If you would like to make difference in the UM community and be a part of making decisions that will affect the student body, then you may apply for an open Student Government Senate seat. The following positions are available: Pearson Senator, Apartment Area Senator, Commuter South Senator, Commuter Central Senator, School of Music Senator, Pearson Senator, Apartment Area Senator, School of Education Senator, College of Engineering Senator and School of Nursing Senator. Applications are available in UC 214. For more information, call 305-495-6311.

SART is there to listen, 24/7

SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) is the UM community resource on relationship violence. SART services include education/prevention and a telephone response line designed to assist UM students who find themselves as survivors of relationship violence. During the academic year, students have the opportunity to speak anonymously to a trained volunteer from the privacy of his or her own telephone. This free service is available to men and women between mid-August and mid-May, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more information on SART, please contact Carolyn Eberhardt, for Veronica Dumas, at the Student Counseling Center, 305-284-5511.
Yearbook photos to be taken soon

The Ibis Yearbook will be taking underclassmen photos from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and senior portraits from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 27 through Oct. 31. Seniors are urged to make appointments at www.mcgrathstudios.com, password ibis. Senior sitting fee is $20. Furthermore, organization photos are scheduled Oct. 27 through 30 from 6 to 11 p.m. by appointment only. To schedule an appointment contact ibiseditor@hotmail.com.

Ceramic Continuum at the Lowe

A Ceramic Continuum: Fifty Years of the Archie Bray Influence is currently on exhibit at the Lowe Art Museum through Nov. 9. It highlights Connected, a commissioned site-specific installation by Rebecca Hutchinson. The former Archie Bray fellow will transform the Lowe’s Friends of Art Gallery with one of her signature works, which makes use of organic materials and addresses interest in the totality of ecosystem function and diverse components within ecosystems that provide collaborative, parasitic, and symbiotic relationships.

Coffee now available near Richter
In the mood for a freshly brewed cup of coffee? The coffee cart is open for business at the Richter Library from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday.
Men’s crew team to clean their
Are your Tuesday nights a little dull? If so, stop by Titanic for Hip Hop night featuring DJ Boe 63rd and guest DJ Kurt J. Random spinning from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., with open mic from 11:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...