L&A PARTY CALENDAR: UM-alum and electronic philosopher Egg Foo Young aims his lightning bolts at Stanford, Perkins and Sallie Mae.

+++++++++++++ MONDAY OCTOBER 21, BE THERE +++++++++++

If y’all don’t think that you’re going to end up anywhere special – or for some reason are convinced that landing a job in advertising is that place – let Egg Foo Young be the 38th to tell you that you’re right on.

Aside from dropping several records with his group Secret Frequency Crew, this former UM-alum has garnered some serious undergrizzzle respizzle. For rizzle. Here’re a couple words on the man, his life and the upcoming ex-clu-seeve show with Quantic over @ I/O on Monday.

Egg: Are you recording?
L&A: I hit record a second ago.

Egg: Stanford, Perkins, Sallie Mae, they can all go to hell. Perkins can get tha “D.”
L&A: I’m drinking Busch right now – smooth and refreshing.

L&A: Are you wearing ref-shorts, you know the padded ones?
Egg: I’m working on it, all the stuff is mail order. I go to www.refs.com, but it may not get there in time. The referee scene is coming back because everyone’s downloading music, you know?

L&A: What? So what are you working on?
Egg: Well, we have the SFC 12 inch that we just released… hold on sorry; I’m ringing up a customer right now.

L&A: Where are you?
Egg: At the record store.

L&A: What are you ringing up?
Egg: The Game of Death soundtrack, it’s slimy; the customers say it’s slimy. The Lost in Translation soundtrack is popular. And all the prissies want Belle & Sebastian, but they want it on vinyl.

L&A: ‘Cause record players are sooo hot right now.
Egg: Under the hype meter right now is Broken Social Scene.

L&A: So what’s up with CMJ [Music Marathon 2003]?
Egg: I think it’s turning into a sort of Winter Music Conference (which graces Miami near the beginning of every year). It’s good in the sense that a lot of good bands are going to be in town.

L&A: But bad…?
Egg: In the sense that, who really goes to those shows? Even the kids buying Belle and Sebastian aren’t going.

L&A: So what’s the fresh gear? I’ve seen you rocking the hottest upside head-woks and masking tape referee shirts.
Egg: Wet suits. And inside-out backward underwear, front skids.

L&A: Full leg or half thigh?
Egg: Half thigh.

L&A: It gets more blood to your shins.
Egg: [To customer] Do you want a bag?

L&A: Where do you work?
Egg: Epherea, on Avenue A [in NYC.]We’re all Goth and EBM.

L&A: Extreme Bowel Movements?
Egg: Electronic Body Music.

Egg Foo’s gonna be spinning at I/O on Monday, with Quantic and UM’s own prodigy, DJ Contra, so get your ass over there and peep the wetsuit, plus line up to get free back rubs for all topless girls courtesy of me, S-v-e-n to the B, plus the Gali. Bring your own lotion, unless you want me spitting on your back.

+++++++++++++++ RIDE ‘EM, BOY! ++++++++++++++++++++

No, this has nothing to do with the ’60s biker flick, but you know you like that name, so give it a go this Saturday evening and check out this art opening at the painting studios right on the edge of campus, 1310 Campo Sano Ave., in the Art Annex Building. Doors open at 7 p.m. and select members of the Empirical Mile raise the roof at 10 p.m. Work by Phillip Spence, Will Carpenter, Juan Cerda, Pam Robinson and others. Hit up Mark Johnson at 301-520-9057 for more info.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...