How to get YOUR name on the NRA “Blacklist”

1) Visit www.nrablacklist.com.
2) Under the parade of smiling faces, click where it tells you to “join this honor roll by signing the petition.”
3) Enter your name, email address, and zip code; click “Stop The NRA!”
Congratulations! You have now joined the ranks of Jerry Seinfeld, CBS, and Maya Angelou in a list that the National Rifle Association compiled earlier this summer of people and organizations that have “officially endorsed anti-gun positions.”
The NRA says they made the list to satisfy members’ desires to know which people and groups were supporting their treasured Second Amendment rights, and who was a moving target.
No, they didn’t say that, but they did say that the way members (or anyone with an internet connection) “use the information is at their own discretion.”
See the ensemble of un-friendlies for yourself at the NRA-ILA website: http://www.nraila.com/ FactSheets.asp? FormMode= Detail&ID=15. The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the congressman-piercing ammunition of the NRA.
The petition effort designed to create awareness of the blacklist you’ve just joined is part of the movement to stoptheNRA.com, “designed to oppose everything the NRA stands for.” They work with the Brady Campaign and the Million Mom March to prevent gun violence. Moreover, they believe that the NRA is “out of control!”
StoptheNRA.com asserts that the NRA has two clear intentions during the 2004 election season. The first is to prevent renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban signed by Bill Clinton in 1994 (S.1034, 1431 and H.R. 2038). The NRA claims that the bill is not simply a reauthorization of the 1994 bill but that “it bans millions more guns and begins backdoor registration of guns.” The new bill has no 10-year sunset provision; the bans will be permanent.
The second intention is the enactment of the Immunity Bill (S.659), which “would give gunmakers and dealers sweeping immunity from civil law suits.” It’s lovingly called the “Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.” StoptheNRA.com wants 10,000 signatures on their petition before they go to Congress.
Are you concerned about the “lobbying power” of a group of armed militiamen? The NRA website claims that in the 2002 election cycle it “endorsed thousands of candidates running in state legislative races and achieved an 85% success rate in those elections,” spending over ten million dollars. Did you know that the NRA ranks political candidates on their voting records, public statements, and responses to an NRA-developed questionnaire? They said the incredible themselves when they admitted that they had achieved the “election of pro-gun majorities in both the U.S. House and Senate” in 2002.
If you’re for what the NRA’s pushing, then visit www.nrahq.org (up pops Heston’s ancient face-be careful, he’s got a gun!) and contribute; otherwise, it’s worth your time to check out the blacklist.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...