Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Public Safety encourages anybody who has witnessed, or has information regarding, a crime to come forward. Many people fear repercussions or ridicule. For this reason, Public Safety has the Silent Witness program. If you have information about a crime that has occurred or is occurring on campus but would like to remain anonymous, visit and click on Silent Witness to fill out a brief report.

5:20 p.m. 5615 Pavia St. Theft

3:29 a.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Criminal Mischief
12:12 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Grand Theft

1:58 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
4:06 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
4:34 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft
6:32 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft
7:17 p.m. 1251 Miller Dr. Grand Theft

12:49 a.m. 1213 Walsh Ave. Burglary
2:32 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Criminal Mischief
3:09 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
5:19 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Grand Theft

7:18 p.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
7:51 p.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Theft

4:00 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Petit Theft
4:48 p.m. 1350 Miller Dr. Petit Theft

12:45 p.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Burglary
4:56 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Burglary

The Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

On the eve of her team’s NCAA Tournament opener, University of Miami coach Katie Meier took the oppo ...

The defeated and deflated Miami Hurricanes quietly packed up their bags and trudged out of their Ame ...

Even before Donte Ingram broke Miami’s heart and sent the Hurricanes home from the NCAA Tournament w ...

And so ends Miami's season. No. 11 seed Loyola-Chicago's Donte Ingram hit a buzzer-beating ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

The University of Miami takes concrete steps to become the hemispheric university as it builds a rel ...

A UM physicist comments on the passing of British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking. ...

The Canes closed out the Hurricane Invitational with a strong showing on the track and in the field ...

The University of Miami rowing team kicked off its spring season at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invi ...

The Hurricanes fell behind early and could not recover Saturday afternoon, falling to No. 23 Duke, 4 ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team had its superb 2017-18 season come to an end Sa ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will go into a match ranked for the first time this s ...