NEWS BRIEFS

Spots open for trip to FSU game
Spots are still available for the UM vs. FSU trip package! The package includes hotel, bus ride to and from Tallahassee, game ticket and a t-shirt. This is an all or none deal. Students must ride on the bus both ways. The bus will leave Friday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m., returning Sunday, Oct. 12. All students must be of graduate or undergraduate status, and have paid the student activity fee. For more information, call 305-284-3082.

Nominate Leader of the Month
Do you know any great student leaders? Has someone worked really hard in your organization? Then nominate them for Student Leader of the Month. Nomination forms are available in UC 209 and are due by Oct. 8 at 5 p.m.

Chick-fil-A drive-thru best in U.S.
QSR magazine has just released its annual “Best Drive-Thru in America” rankings. The results may actually surprise you. The top 10 overall rankings are: 1. Chick-fil-A, 2. Taco Bell, 3. Wendy’s, 4. Burger King, 5. El Pollo Loco, 6. Jack In The Box, 7. Taco John’s, 8. Arby’s, 9. KFC and 10. Checkers.
Hip Hop night hits Titanic brewery
Are your Tuesday nights a little dull? If so, stop by Titanic for Hip Hop night featuring DJ Boe 63rd and guest DJ Kurt J. Random spinning from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., with open mic from 11:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Tri Delta hosts golf fundraiser
Delta Delta Delta will be holding its first annual Tees Fore Tots charity golf tournament to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The tournament will be held on Sunday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m. and includes 18 holes of golf, tons of prizes and a banquet and awards ceremony after the tournament! Cost is $75 for non-UM affiliates and $65 with a ‘Cane card. Registration is due by Oct. 12. For more information, contact Nichole Starr at ayla306@aol.com.

Mousepads here for survey-takers
If you are a first-year commuter student who attended orientation and filled out the CIRP survey, please stop by the Orientation and Commuter Student Affairs Office in UC 236 to pick up your complimentary mousepad that has your name on it. For more information, contact 305-284-5646.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...