NEWS BRIEFS

Spots open for trip to FSU game
Spots are still available for the UM vs. FSU trip package! The package includes hotel, bus ride to and from Tallahassee, game ticket and a t-shirt. This is an all or none deal. Students must ride on the bus both ways. The bus will leave Friday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m., returning Sunday, Oct. 12. All students must be of graduate or undergraduate status, and have paid the student activity fee. For more information, call 305-284-3082.

Nominate Leader of the Month
Do you know any great student leaders? Has someone worked really hard in your organization? Then nominate them for Student Leader of the Month. Nomination forms are available in UC 209 and are due by Oct. 8 at 5 p.m.

Chick-fil-A drive-thru best in U.S.
QSR magazine has just released its annual “Best Drive-Thru in America” rankings. The results may actually surprise you. The top 10 overall rankings are: 1. Chick-fil-A, 2. Taco Bell, 3. Wendy’s, 4. Burger King, 5. El Pollo Loco, 6. Jack In The Box, 7. Taco John’s, 8. Arby’s, 9. KFC and 10. Checkers.
Hip Hop night hits Titanic brewery
Are your Tuesday nights a little dull? If so, stop by Titanic for Hip Hop night featuring DJ Boe 63rd and guest DJ Kurt J. Random spinning from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., with open mic from 11:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Tri Delta hosts golf fundraiser
Delta Delta Delta will be holding its first annual Tees Fore Tots charity golf tournament to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The tournament will be held on Sunday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m. and includes 18 holes of golf, tons of prizes and a banquet and awards ceremony after the tournament! Cost is $75 for non-UM affiliates and $65 with a ‘Cane card. Registration is due by Oct. 12. For more information, contact Nichole Starr at ayla306@aol.com.

Mousepads here for survey-takers
If you are a first-year commuter student who attended orientation and filled out the CIRP survey, please stop by the Orientation and Commuter Student Affairs Office in UC 236 to pick up your complimentary mousepad that has your name on it. For more information, contact 305-284-5646.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...