99 RED BALLOONS: Brooklyn’s Fannypack tattle on camel toes, boys and free clothes

So, I’ve been waiting with Omar for years in the downstairs lounge of SoHo Lounge, it’s Vice night, waiting for f-u-n playskool bass heads Fannypack to arrive. Yankees always have to be fashionably late, right Omar?

Fortunately the six pack (loot) of complementary Holland beer I brought for this group-on-the-cum-up, three girls from Brooklyn named Belinda, 16, Cat, about 22, Jessibel, 18, and two flamboyantly talented DJs, Fancy and Matt, is getting guzzled. Let’s go ahead and turn the clock. Dwooopp! (That’s Sven turning the clock hand – thanks).

They arrive, it’s near midnight and sound-check is just getting started upstairs. Fancy, the metrosexually ‘stached adult overseer (just from what I’ve seen on MTV) is no where to be entertained by. Posted against a wall, all of sudden Matt starts blurting out from the stage like a soap opera director, “Jessibel is having her period right now.” He scans the bare room and looks at me – why me, I wonder? “Do you have any soup, she’s PMS-ing?” What, fag? Can we do this interview or what?

Dwooop! After convincing Matt to move the girls over to a couch across the upstairs bar area, the interview is on. A little airplane-d out, the girls of Fannypack are smiles and giggles – strawberry and tangerine lip sheen to the maxx. Belinda, the youngest and also the loudest is all denimed out. Before she performs she slips into electroclash-y black and pink hose, and gets crushed with eyeliner. She’s like the grown-up street Ed. black chick who did summer slap-hands anthems during recess. Cat, most single and a BU alum, is a catch and a third, fluttering her naturally glittery eyes just right, into everything from Chk Chk Chk to Salt-N-Peppa. And Jessibel, often noted as the group’s core, is understandably dumpy – but when she jumps on stage an hour later, it’s all sexy vix, mike-controller. Girls never fail to blow minds.

The first anniversary of SoHo Lounge, the stage is specially extended to include a catwalk for YoYo’s late-late-night fashion show. Pinkish d

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...