You’ve been hit by a SMOOTH CRIMINAL (on screen): Charming actor and UM alum, Steven Bauer, dishes on Miami vice and “Scarface”

Say hello to my little…luxx Scarface Two-Disc Anniversary Edition on DVD! Starting today, that doublewide VHS version sitting in every UM student’s VCR – with its low-sound quality and ‘this-movie-was-so-made-in-the-Eighties’ grainy picture-color – is no longer worthy. Loaded with quality extras like a Def Jam doc and a filmmaking doc, this mucho polished digital version of the 1983 masterpiece complete with DTS 5.1 sound (to make that chainsaw scene stick a little clever in your mind) is simply choice.

And with the current Scarface celebration boiling over into theatres with a hip re-release, who else would L&A chat with other than UM alum Steven Bauer, the man who was Tony Montana’s handsome sidekick, best friend and all around ladies man (before TM shot him for banging his sis)?

But before that, let’s quickly slip-n-slide across Bauer’s career and get up-to-date with his contributions to our city. If you don’t know Mr. Bauer from his character, Joe on the

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...