Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: For your safety on and around the Coral Gables campus, Public Safety offers the following services.
Security Escort Patrol: a free, safe means of travel for students, faculty and staff on the Coral Gables campus 24 hours a day. To request a security escort, call Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or use one of the many emergency telephones on campus. Escorts are limited to the geographic boundaries of the Coral Gables campus.
Evening Transportation: from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m., minibuses run the same routes as the Hurry ‘Cane shuttles, providing reliable and free transportation to the University community.
Sunset Shuttle Service: from campus to the Shops of Sunset Place on Fridays and Saturdays from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.

12:06 a.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft
8:56 p.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Burglary

11:59 a.m. 1251 Memorial Dr. Theft
6:30 p.m. 1000 Memorial Dr. Theft
10:40 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Theft
10:54 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft

9:44 a.m. 5500 San Amaro Dr. Petit Theft
12:17 p.m. 1100 Stanford Dr. Burglary
2:15 p.m. 5801 San Amaro Dr. Burglary
10:35 p.m. 5638 Merrick St. Criminal Mischief

2:54 p.m. 1221 Walsh Ave. Grand Theft
9:47 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Harassing Phone Calls

10:20 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Theft

9:58 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft
10:11 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft
10:21 a.m. 1206 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft
4:40 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
8:23 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Grand Theft

9:20 a.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Stalking
9:47 a.m. 1200 Memorial Dr. Petit Theft
11:30 a.m. 1314 Miller Dr. Grand Theft
12:35 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Petit Theft
2:50 p.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Harassing Phone Calls
3:28 p.m. 5300 University Dr. Hit and Run

The Miami Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...

Amy Deem and the Hurricanes will travel to Los Angeles to compete at the Power 5 Trail Blazer Challe ...

The University of Miami baseball program will host its third annual 'Bark in the Park' gam ...

Miami sophomore guard declares for NBA Draft but will not hire agent. ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...