POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: For your safety on and around the Coral Gables campus, Public Safety offers the following services.
Security Escort Patrol: a free, safe means of travel for students, faculty and staff on the Coral Gables campus 24 hours a day. To request a security escort, call Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or use one of the many emergency telephones on campus. Escorts are limited to the geographic boundaries of the Coral Gables campus.
Evening Transportation: from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m., minibuses run the same routes as the Hurry ‘Cane shuttles, providing reliable and free transportation to the University community.
Sunset Shuttle Service: from campus to the Shops of Sunset Place on Fridays and Saturdays from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 17
12:06 a.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft
8:56 p.m. 5050 Brunson Dr. Burglary

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 18
11:59 a.m. 1251 Memorial Dr. Theft
6:30 p.m. 1000 Memorial Dr. Theft
10:40 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Theft
10:54 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 19
9:44 a.m. 5500 San Amaro Dr. Petit Theft
12:17 p.m. 1100 Stanford Dr. Burglary
2:15 p.m. 5801 San Amaro Dr. Burglary
10:35 p.m. 5638 Merrick St. Criminal Mischief

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20
2:54 p.m. 1221 Walsh Ave. Grand Theft
9:47 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Harassing Phone Calls

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 21
10:20 p.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Theft

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 22
9:58 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft
10:11 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Grand Theft
10:21 a.m. 1206 Stanford Dr. Petit Theft
4:40 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Burglary
8:23 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Grand Theft

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 23
9:20 a.m. 1252 Memorial Dr. Stalking
9:47 a.m. 1200 Memorial Dr. Petit Theft
11:30 a.m. 1314 Miller Dr. Grand Theft
12:35 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Petit Theft
2:50 p.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Harassing Phone Calls
3:28 p.m. 5300 University Dr. Hit and Run

The Miami Hurricane is currently working to improve Police Beat by working with Coral Gables Police Department.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention contact Public Safety at 284-6666.