Let’s conduct some public nuclear testing of our own

Well, it came out this weekend that North Korea is planning to conduct nuclear bomb tests. Doesn’t that just make you feel great? Not really. In fact it is pretty scary to fathom. But, then, I remember that we are the only superpower in this world, with the bravest men and women in the world defending their country. And, oh yeah, our military technology will blow North Korea outta here (imagine an umpire calling a strike out when you read this).
It’s time for the United States to lay down the law and show North Korea that we’re done playing. I think it’s time for us to conduct our own testing, just so that they remember who has the big guns. Then they will be ready for diplomacy cause they won’t even think of jerking us around.
North Korea is like a little kid. Every once in a while they throw tantrums so that they can get what they want. The United States is like a father. When you behave badly we take off our belt and give you a spanking to set you straight. North Korea will not be playing with anything nuclear once we set them straight.
They act like they have a right to have nuclear weapons, but the truth is they are a communist country and anything dangerous in a place that unstable is a risk to the entire world. Liberals criticized President Bush and basically said that he instigated North Korea’s hostility with his “axis of evil” speech. In October 2002, Democrats had to keep quiet when North Korea admitted that they had a nuclear weapons plan that had been active since the late 1990’s.
This is a pressing matter that must be taken care of very soon. We will not negotiate with North Korea; they must negotiate with us. They must show that they are prepared to cut out the nonsense because until then were not giving an inch.

Ernesto Zaldivar is a freshman majoring in political science. He can be contacted at e.zaldivar @umiami.edu.

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...