L&A PARTY CALENDAR: Ladytron’s Mira shakes asses, Victoria Silvstedt’s “Hottie” party, FANNYPACK unzips for the wildest show of the year!!!

TONIGHT

Before you go out on the late night, why not hit up TheHurricaneOnline.com and sign-up for our free email newsletter? Or better yet, sign-up all of your enemies. As Surfider Prez Kevin “Prefontaine” Dean says, “Why not?”

Mira of Ladytron puts that ass to work (fun work) during her two-hour guest DJ stint at Revolver, located at (use MapQuest dodo) 175-193 NE 36th Street. For more info, journey along the Web to ClubRevolver.com.

Haven’t heard this band yet (just got the demo today, in fact) but they seem like cool people. JOEPYE are making the rounds all over the city, playing for the hipsters at POPLIFE to the Guiness-meisters at Churchill’s Pub. Tonight they’re on the beach at Sandbar Lounge, 6752 Collins Ave, playing from 11 p.m.-3 a.m. – now that’s heart. Call 305.865.1752 for the skinny.

Sometimes I wish I had a super luxx girlfriend who’d suddenly break my heart on a Friday just to make me experience college a little deeper. If that actually happened, I’d put on a hoody, get drunk and go watch Amores Possiveis at the Cosford. It starts at 8 p.m. and was imported here from Brazil and probably makes little sense, which is pretty great.

Actually, maybe not. Why not go to Opium on the beach and try to party with Playmate Victoria Silvstedt? …yeah, right. She’s there hosting “The Miami Hottie Talent Search,” which makes the odds of getting over yur ex pretty damn favorable. Don’t drive drunk, though. It’s located on 136 Collins Ave. and dress to impress bruddahs and sister saviors.

___________________________________________________________

SATURDAY
Oooh, la, la. NYC’s playskool bass-heads, the sexy barely legal Fannypack, will cause your alcoholic beverage to disappear like their high school virginity. It’s the one year anniversary of Soho Lounge, located in the place where Revolver goes down, 175 NE 36 St., with a fashion show courtesy of YoYo – remember last week’s feature? S!ck!

____________________________________________________________

SUNDAY

Rent Run Ronnie Run at Blockbuster and go to bed early. So lame, dude.

ALL APOLOGIES

Life & Art would like to send a shout to DJ Johnny Strokes from Spider-Pussy, who should have gotten credit for the DJ on last issue’s cover (instead of Counterflow’s Induce). Our bad, Johnny, our minds be gettin’ blurry, you know what I’m sayin’? – Omar Sommereyns

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...