REPORT CARD

Offense:
If not for the Parrish punt return and Taylor interception return, the ‘Canes offense would have had their backs against the wall. The unit failed to have a consistent scoring drive in the first half, and finished the game with only one scoring drive of over 50 yards.

Quarterback:
Berlin missed open targets early in the game. Miami could have put the game far out of reach when the teams entered the locker room for the half. The junior signal caller finished 18-of-30 passing for 151 yards and no touchdowns and threw one interception.

Running Back: B
Gore finished with 74 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown. Gore didn’t seem to have too many holes to find.

Wide Receivers: B-
Winslow’s leaping catch in the 1st quarter that set up a Gore TD seemed to be the only bright spot for the Miami receiving unit. Winslow led the team with four receptions for 41 yards.

Offensive Line: B-
Unit gave Berlin more time to throw than in the three previous games. However, the line did seem to struggle a bit in their run blocking.

Defense: A-
Unit held BC to only 213 total yards for the contest. BC’s positive yards mostly came from UM penalties. The unit must cut down on personal fouls.

Defensive Line: A-
Unit pressured Porter all night and held the dangerous Derrick Knight to only 83 yards on the ground. Baraka Atkins recorded the only Hurricane sack.

Linebackers: A-
Jonathan Vilma made some big plays, including three tackles for a loss. However, the only positive moments for the BC offense were scrambles up the middle by BC quarterback Quinton Porter.

Secondary: A
Unit shut down the Eagle passing game, surrendering only 94 yards through the air. Taylor’s interception return for a TD put the ‘Canes up by 21, essentially putting the game out of reach for BC.

Special Teams: A
The unit continues to make big plays. Parrish’s punt return for a TD set the tone for the game. Brian Monroe had two punts land inside the 20.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...