REPORT CARD

Offense:
If not for the Parrish punt return and Taylor interception return, the ‘Canes offense would have had their backs against the wall. The unit failed to have a consistent scoring drive in the first half, and finished the game with only one scoring drive of over 50 yards.

Quarterback:
Berlin missed open targets early in the game. Miami could have put the game far out of reach when the teams entered the locker room for the half. The junior signal caller finished 18-of-30 passing for 151 yards and no touchdowns and threw one interception.

Running Back: B
Gore finished with 74 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown. Gore didn’t seem to have too many holes to find.

Wide Receivers: B-
Winslow’s leaping catch in the 1st quarter that set up a Gore TD seemed to be the only bright spot for the Miami receiving unit. Winslow led the team with four receptions for 41 yards.

Offensive Line: B-
Unit gave Berlin more time to throw than in the three previous games. However, the line did seem to struggle a bit in their run blocking.

Defense: A-
Unit held BC to only 213 total yards for the contest. BC’s positive yards mostly came from UM penalties. The unit must cut down on personal fouls.

Defensive Line: A-
Unit pressured Porter all night and held the dangerous Derrick Knight to only 83 yards on the ground. Baraka Atkins recorded the only Hurricane sack.

Linebackers: A-
Jonathan Vilma made some big plays, including three tackles for a loss. However, the only positive moments for the BC offense were scrambles up the middle by BC quarterback Quinton Porter.

Secondary: A
Unit shut down the Eagle passing game, surrendering only 94 yards through the air. Taylor’s interception return for a TD put the ‘Canes up by 21, essentially putting the game out of reach for BC.

Special Teams: A
The unit continues to make big plays. Parrish’s punt return for a TD set the tone for the game. Brian Monroe had two punts land inside the 20.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...