L&A QUALITY SMACK: The (blurry) dilly on UM concerts. Clipse on campus? UM ADMINISTRATION wants our sources.

———–LIFE & ART MEETS WITH HURRICANE PRODUCTIONS ———–

So, after finally meeting with Hurricane Productions to discuss a few things, as well as for their HWIC to meet the person writing this column, I’m left with a few impressions. The first is that Dashboard Confessional won’t be playing our campus anytime in the near future. The second is that chances of the Rapture performing on campus later this year are probably 30/70 (since I’ve never used this source before). And the third is that more students with a hipper, more sophisticated taste in music should join the organization.

—————— NEPTUNES’ BOYS CLIPSE AT UM? ————————–

What I didn’t take away from this meeting is that Clipse will be performing on campus rather soon. I was told this by a reliable source who is 70/30 while drinking a beer over the weekend. Guess we’ll see.

——– DOES THE HURRICANE WORK FOR UM ADMINISTRATION? ——-

And speaking of sources and weekends and beer, I was told by a source in the UM administration that Life & Art shouldn’t (or was that couldn’t?) publish weekend parties in calendar, because certain people are, what’s a good word? Perturbed – particularly by the “White Trash Bash” listing that appeared in last Friday’s online edition. I was also asked for directions to this “Bash,” and when I declined, the person from-up-above demanded that I give him the source who gave us the information. After declining to give him or her up, I was told that the party would be shut down by administration, which it wasn’t. So, whom at UM can you believe these days? Guess we’ll see.

———B-DAY FOR SOUTH BEACH IMPRESARIO AT THE DELANO ———

Beach nightlife personality, Maxwell Blandford of Level fame, will be celebrating his birthday in style at the Delano this Wednesday. Call 305 695 0436 to rsvp and show some love.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...