L&A QUALITY SMACK: The (blurry) dilly on UM concerts. Clipse on campus? UM ADMINISTRATION wants our sources.

———–LIFE & ART MEETS WITH HURRICANE PRODUCTIONS ———–

So, after finally meeting with Hurricane Productions to discuss a few things, as well as for their HWIC to meet the person writing this column, I’m left with a few impressions. The first is that Dashboard Confessional won’t be playing our campus anytime in the near future. The second is that chances of the Rapture performing on campus later this year are probably 30/70 (since I’ve never used this source before). And the third is that more students with a hipper, more sophisticated taste in music should join the organization.

—————— NEPTUNES’ BOYS CLIPSE AT UM? ————————–

What I didn’t take away from this meeting is that Clipse will be performing on campus rather soon. I was told this by a reliable source who is 70/30 while drinking a beer over the weekend. Guess we’ll see.

——– DOES THE HURRICANE WORK FOR UM ADMINISTRATION? ——-

And speaking of sources and weekends and beer, I was told by a source in the UM administration that Life & Art shouldn’t (or was that couldn’t?) publish weekend parties in calendar, because certain people are, what’s a good word? Perturbed – particularly by the “White Trash Bash” listing that appeared in last Friday’s online edition. I was also asked for directions to this “Bash,” and when I declined, the person from-up-above demanded that I give him the source who gave us the information. After declining to give him or her up, I was told that the party would be shut down by administration, which it wasn’t. So, whom at UM can you believe these days? Guess we’ll see.

———B-DAY FOR SOUTH BEACH IMPRESARIO AT THE DELANO ———

Beach nightlife personality, Maxwell Blandford of Level fame, will be celebrating his birthday in style at the Delano this Wednesday. Call 305 695 0436 to rsvp and show some love.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...