L&A QUALITY SMACK: The (blurry) dilly on UM concerts. Clipse on campus? UM ADMINISTRATION wants our sources.

———–LIFE & ART MEETS WITH HURRICANE PRODUCTIONS ———–

So, after finally meeting with Hurricane Productions to discuss a few things, as well as for their HWIC to meet the person writing this column, I’m left with a few impressions. The first is that Dashboard Confessional won’t be playing our campus anytime in the near future. The second is that chances of the Rapture performing on campus later this year are probably 30/70 (since I’ve never used this source before). And the third is that more students with a hipper, more sophisticated taste in music should join the organization.

—————— NEPTUNES’ BOYS CLIPSE AT UM? ————————–

What I didn’t take away from this meeting is that Clipse will be performing on campus rather soon. I was told this by a reliable source who is 70/30 while drinking a beer over the weekend. Guess we’ll see.

——– DOES THE HURRICANE WORK FOR UM ADMINISTRATION? ——-

And speaking of sources and weekends and beer, I was told by a source in the UM administration that Life & Art shouldn’t (or was that couldn’t?) publish weekend parties in calendar, because certain people are, what’s a good word? Perturbed – particularly by the “White Trash Bash” listing that appeared in last Friday’s online edition. I was also asked for directions to this “Bash,” and when I declined, the person from-up-above demanded that I give him the source who gave us the information. After declining to give him or her up, I was told that the party would be shut down by administration, which it wasn’t. So, whom at UM can you believe these days? Guess we’ll see.

———B-DAY FOR SOUTH BEACH IMPRESARIO AT THE DELANO ———

Beach nightlife personality, Maxwell Blandford of Level fame, will be celebrating his birthday in style at the Delano this Wednesday. Call 305 695 0436 to rsvp and show some love.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...