L&A QUALITY SMACK: The (blurry) dilly on UM concerts. Clipse on campus? UM ADMINISTRATION wants our sources.

———–LIFE & ART MEETS WITH HURRICANE PRODUCTIONS ———–

So, after finally meeting with Hurricane Productions to discuss a few things, as well as for their HWIC to meet the person writing this column, I’m left with a few impressions. The first is that Dashboard Confessional won’t be playing our campus anytime in the near future. The second is that chances of the Rapture performing on campus later this year are probably 30/70 (since I’ve never used this source before). And the third is that more students with a hipper, more sophisticated taste in music should join the organization.

—————— NEPTUNES’ BOYS CLIPSE AT UM? ————————–

What I didn’t take away from this meeting is that Clipse will be performing on campus rather soon. I was told this by a reliable source who is 70/30 while drinking a beer over the weekend. Guess we’ll see.

——– DOES THE HURRICANE WORK FOR UM ADMINISTRATION? ——-

And speaking of sources and weekends and beer, I was told by a source in the UM administration that Life & Art shouldn’t (or was that couldn’t?) publish weekend parties in calendar, because certain people are, what’s a good word? Perturbed – particularly by the “White Trash Bash” listing that appeared in last Friday’s online edition. I was also asked for directions to this “Bash,” and when I declined, the person from-up-above demanded that I give him the source who gave us the information. After declining to give him or her up, I was told that the party would be shut down by administration, which it wasn’t. So, whom at UM can you believe these days? Guess we’ll see.

———B-DAY FOR SOUTH BEACH IMPRESARIO AT THE DELANO ———

Beach nightlife personality, Maxwell Blandford of Level fame, will be celebrating his birthday in style at the Delano this Wednesday. Call 305 695 0436 to rsvp and show some love.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...