Krebs leads UM tennis

Krebs has high hopes for tennis
Sophomore leads defending Big East champions into battle

The men’s tennis team will be very happy to have sophomore Tim Krebs back this year. Krebs went down with an awful injury last season in which he tore almost everything he could in his ankle.
“One of my biggest goals for this season is to just stay healthy,” Krebs said.
The team has a long season ahead of them, and Krebs knows better than anyone that it is a must to stay in shape.
“My injury last year was an accident,” Krebs said. “If we get stretched all the time and make sure we’re healthy, everything will be ok.”
Krebs is from Eschborn, Germany, where he was a state champion his senior year, leading his team to a 9-0 record. Tennis is different in Germany than it is here in the United States.
“The guys here play with more emotion,” Krebs said. “In Germany, we just play tennis to play the game; players don’t have the same anger they have here.”
As for this season, Krebs thinks this team has the right stuff to go places.
“The team chemistry is awesome so far, so I’m not worried about that,” Krebs said. “Playing-wise we’re all pretty good, we’re not bad.”
With the hiring of Head Coach Bryan Getz, the team is very excited to have the former interim coach at the helm this year.
“We had him as an assistant here last year, and he’s just awesome,” Krebs said.
Some may think that coming to Miami from Germany is a little far-fetched, but Tim’s reasoning is just as good as those who come from only a few miles away.
“I love this city and I love the program here,” Krebs said. “It is a great balance between academics and athletics.”
Tim had many choices when it came to picking schools to play tennis. San Diego State, Wake Forest, UCF, and Nebraska are just a few that were after the No. 7 player in Germany when he was a junior.
Like many tennis players, Krebs says his favorite player of all time is Pete Sampras. Krebs has won many tournaments throughout his tennis career, but has no plans on going pro until he has earned his college degree. Krebs hopes to maintain the success he had in Germany while here in Miami.
“The greatest moment of my career so far would be the state championship back in Germany,” Krebs said.
The ‘Canes know that they have to work hard in practice to get back to where they finished No.1 in the Big East last year.
“Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we work out for four hours,” Krebs said. “Tuesday, Thursday, and some Saturday’s we’ll work out for three to four hours.”
Miami opened up its season this past weekend in the UM Fall Classic. They defeated NC State in their first match on Saturday. Krebs won his singles match in straight sets, and emerged victorious in his doubles match with Colin Purcell in No. 1 doubles action.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...