album reviews: Really awful new music to not listen to

Kevin Dean and Michael John Hancock

Belle and Sebastian
Dear Catastrophe Waitress
**

Belle and Sebastian have it tough.

First, they’re from Scotland, which means that they must compete with fantastic Scottish rockers/alcoholics like AC/DC (Angus and Malcolm are natives), The Jesus and Mary Chain, Arab Strap, and Sean Connery, whose oh-so-very-suave attitude has practically gives him rock star status.

Next, their first truly recognized album, 1997’s If You’re Feeling Sinister, is hailed as their finest work to date. This means that Belle and Sebastian’s fans have fallen into one of rock’s biggest clich

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...