Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off

Accented with good food, rhythmic music and fun, Hispanic Heritage Month [HHM] got off to a good start this week during opening ceremonies in the UC patio. The theme this year: “Varias Razas, Una Cultura,” meaning “many races, one culture” in Spanish.
According to Nanette Vega, assistant director of the department of multicultural student affairs, the goal of Hispanic Heritage Month is to foster awareness, understanding and appreciation of Latin Culture.
Vega is also advisor to the Hispanic Heritage Month Committee, comprised of 10 students who put together the events for HHM.
“We put a lot of work and love into this whole month-wide event because we should celebrate our culture, who we are,” Patricia Pe

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...