Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Sept. 20
Caribbean Party at the Rathskeller
9 p.m. – 12 a.m.

Sept. 23
Student/Faculty Breakfast at the James W. McLamore Dining Room, School of Business
8:30 – 10 a.m.
RSVP required; contact MSA at 305-284-2855

Sept. 24
Judaic Studies Program Presents: Professor Ilan Stavans of Amherst College at the Miller Center. Two lectures will be presented: “Are Graduate Programs Failing Latino Students?” and “Jews and Latinos: An Unlikely Partnership?”
First lecture: 12 – 1:30 p.m.; second lecture: 8 – 10 p.m.
Reservations required; contact Judaic Studies at 305-284-2017
Sept. 26
Latin Laughs presented by Belly Bust at the Rathskeller
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 1
“Latino 101” student discussion at Eaton Residential College
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 7
Movie Night: Chasing Papi at the Bill Cosford Cinema
8 p.m.

Oct. 9
“Dominicanish” theatre performance at the Pearson Residential College
8 p.m.

Oct. 11
Gala with Tito Puentes Jr. and his 10-Piece Orchestra at Omni Colonnade, Coral Gables. Call 305-284-2855 for more information.
8 p.m.- 12 a.m.

Oct. 13
“Hispanic Community: Making a Difference,” where a guest panel will explore topics of education, business and politics in the Hispanic community at the UC Ballrooms.
7:30 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 15
Hispanic Heritage Month Closing Ceremonies at the UC Patio
12 – 2 p.m.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...