Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Sept. 20
Caribbean Party at the Rathskeller
9 p.m. – 12 a.m.

Sept. 23
Student/Faculty Breakfast at the James W. McLamore Dining Room, School of Business
8:30 – 10 a.m.
RSVP required; contact MSA at 305-284-2855

Sept. 24
Judaic Studies Program Presents: Professor Ilan Stavans of Amherst College at the Miller Center. Two lectures will be presented: “Are Graduate Programs Failing Latino Students?” and “Jews and Latinos: An Unlikely Partnership?”
First lecture: 12 – 1:30 p.m.; second lecture: 8 – 10 p.m.
Reservations required; contact Judaic Studies at 305-284-2017
Sept. 26
Latin Laughs presented by Belly Bust at the Rathskeller
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 1
“Latino 101” student discussion at Eaton Residential College
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 7
Movie Night: Chasing Papi at the Bill Cosford Cinema
8 p.m.

Oct. 9
“Dominicanish” theatre performance at the Pearson Residential College
8 p.m.

Oct. 11
Gala with Tito Puentes Jr. and his 10-Piece Orchestra at Omni Colonnade, Coral Gables. Call 305-284-2855 for more information.
8 p.m.- 12 a.m.

Oct. 13
“Hispanic Community: Making a Difference,” where a guest panel will explore topics of education, business and politics in the Hispanic community at the UC Ballrooms.
7:30 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 15
Hispanic Heritage Month Closing Ceremonies at the UC Patio
12 – 2 p.m.

It was just two and a half short months ago that the Miami Hurricanes walked off the field at Hard R ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

On the eve of her team’s NCAA Tournament opener, University of Miami coach Katie Meier took the oppo ...

The defeated and deflated Miami Hurricanes quietly packed up their bags and trudged out of their Ame ...

Even before Donte Ingram broke Miami’s heart and sent the Hurricanes home from the NCAA Tournament w ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

The University of Miami takes concrete steps to become the hemispheric university as it builds a rel ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team was just a point away from its first true road victor ...

Miami's offense shook off a slow start to the series, and the Hurricanes departed Durham Bulls ...

The No. 31 Miami women's tennis team posted its seventh win in the past eight outings by toppin ...

The University of Miami rowing team closed out its spring opener at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invi ...

The Canes closed out the Hurricane Invitational with a strong showing on the track and in the field ...