Hispanic Heritage Month kicks off: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Sept. 20
Caribbean Party at the Rathskeller
9 p.m. – 12 a.m.

Sept. 23
Student/Faculty Breakfast at the James W. McLamore Dining Room, School of Business
8:30 – 10 a.m.
RSVP required; contact MSA at 305-284-2855

Sept. 24
Judaic Studies Program Presents: Professor Ilan Stavans of Amherst College at the Miller Center. Two lectures will be presented: “Are Graduate Programs Failing Latino Students?” and “Jews and Latinos: An Unlikely Partnership?”
First lecture: 12 – 1:30 p.m.; second lecture: 8 – 10 p.m.
Reservations required; contact Judaic Studies at 305-284-2017
Sept. 26
Latin Laughs presented by Belly Bust at the Rathskeller
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 1
“Latino 101” student discussion at Eaton Residential College
7 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 7
Movie Night: Chasing Papi at the Bill Cosford Cinema
8 p.m.

Oct. 9
“Dominicanish” theatre performance at the Pearson Residential College
8 p.m.

Oct. 11
Gala with Tito Puentes Jr. and his 10-Piece Orchestra at Omni Colonnade, Coral Gables. Call 305-284-2855 for more information.
8 p.m.- 12 a.m.

Oct. 13
“Hispanic Community: Making a Difference,” where a guest panel will explore topics of education, business and politics in the Hispanic community at the UC Ballrooms.
7:30 – 9 p.m.

Oct. 15
Hispanic Heritage Month Closing Ceremonies at the UC Patio
12 – 2 p.m.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...