Sexual battery reported at Wellness Center

On Sept. 9 at approximately 5 p.m. in the Wellness Center, a sexual battery was reported by an unidentified victim. While in the men’s shower room, the victim was approached by a male subject who sexually assaulted him.
The victim has described the assailant as a six-foot-tall, white male with blond hair.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call the Coral Gables Police at 305-442-1600, or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS, where you will remain anonymous and become eligible for a cash reward.
Officials could not tell the Hurricane if they had received any leads, citing the ongoing investigation.
Public Safety encourages students to be aware of their surrounding at all times and to request a UM campus security escort. Call 8-6666 from a campus phone, use an emergency blue light telephone located throughout campus, or call 305-284-6666 from any cell phone or off-campus phone.
The Miami Hurricane is in the process of obtaining the official police report for this incident. We will continue to follow up on this issue as more details become available.

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...