Join Our Staff: L&A Recruit Meeting this Friday

The Miami Hurricane’s Life & Art editors will be meeting with student feature/magazine journalists and photographers who aspire to work for the section this Friday, September 19. It will be held at the Rathskeller on campus at 5 p.m. in the 1st floor conference room.

To ensure proper and thorough consideration, please bring a portfolio with any past clips (high school paper, Rolling Stone, etc.) if you’d like to write, or one with photographs if you’d like to…take photos.

Also, bring a [typed]contact sheet with your full name, addy, cell and home #s, year at UM, and 3 favorite bands and films. Be very informed with the style and content of Life & Art beforehand – this is a must.

Do not attend if you are not serious – do not waste our time. We look forward to meeting and greeting and drinking. Feel free to contact the editors with questions/inquiries in advance.

Cheers –

Hunter Stephenson
Life & Art Editor
Huntlaed@hotmail.com

Omar Sommereyns
Life & Art Associate Editor
SOASIS@aol.com

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...