Join Our Staff: L&A Recruit Meeting this Friday

The Miami Hurricane’s Life & Art editors will be meeting with student feature/magazine journalists and photographers who aspire to work for the section this Friday, September 19. It will be held at the Rathskeller on campus at 5 p.m. in the 1st floor conference room.

To ensure proper and thorough consideration, please bring a portfolio with any past clips (high school paper, Rolling Stone, etc.) if you’d like to write, or one with photographs if you’d like to…take photos.

Also, bring a [typed]contact sheet with your full name, addy, cell and home #s, year at UM, and 3 favorite bands and films. Be very informed with the style and content of Life & Art beforehand – this is a must.

Do not attend if you are not serious – do not waste our time. We look forward to meeting and greeting and drinking. Feel free to contact the editors with questions/inquiries in advance.

Cheers –

Hunter Stephenson
Life & Art Editor
Huntlaed@hotmail.com

Omar Sommereyns
Life & Art Associate Editor
SOASIS@aol.com

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...