SG UPDATE: Senate plans for semester

Sep. 3 marked this semester’s first session of the Student Government Senate. Running with the momentum from last year, SG has planned a lot to improve the lives of students at UM. The first session was dedicated primarily to procedural adjustments to the statutes of SG, but there was discussion about how SG plans to better serve the campus community.
Some of the first items up are a student panel to discuss the newly implemented smoke-free zone surrounding the dorms, the planning of a UNICCO appreciation day and increasing interaction between the senators and their constituencies.
Many of the senate seats are up for election this month, so there are plenty opportunities for students to get involved and let their voice be heard.
For more information on Senate, or to get involved in SG, call X8-3082 or stop by the SG office in UC 214.

The Miami Hurricane will update the student body regarding all of the issues SG is working on throughout the semester. A summary of the SG meetings will be printed in every Tuesday edition of the paper.
SG Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 – 6 p.m. in Senate Ballrooms C-D on the second floor of the UC.

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...