SG UPDATE: Senate plans for semester

Sep. 3 marked this semester’s first session of the Student Government Senate. Running with the momentum from last year, SG has planned a lot to improve the lives of students at UM. The first session was dedicated primarily to procedural adjustments to the statutes of SG, but there was discussion about how SG plans to better serve the campus community.
Some of the first items up are a student panel to discuss the newly implemented smoke-free zone surrounding the dorms, the planning of a UNICCO appreciation day and increasing interaction between the senators and their constituencies.
Many of the senate seats are up for election this month, so there are plenty opportunities for students to get involved and let their voice be heard.
For more information on Senate, or to get involved in SG, call X8-3082 or stop by the SG office in UC 214.

The Miami Hurricane will update the student body regarding all of the issues SG is working on throughout the semester. A summary of the SG meetings will be printed in every Tuesday edition of the paper.
SG Senate meetings are held every Wednesday from 4 – 6 p.m. in Senate Ballrooms C-D on the second floor of the UC.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...