NEWS BRIEFS

UM license tags available

When it’s time to renew your vehicle’s license plate, why not show your Hurricane spirit with a UM collegiate license tag? When you renew your registration at your local tax collector’s office, simply let them know you want to replace your current tag with a specialty license plate. If it is not time to replace the metal plate (every five years), you will pay a few additional dollars. The UM specialty tags cost an additional $25 each year, which goes back to UM. For more information, contact the Specialty License Plate office at 850-414-2541.

SAFAC seeks freshman delegate

Attention freshmen: A unique opportunity to get involved in student life on the University campus is available to you. The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) is seeking applicants for the position of freshman delegate. SAFAC is a highly selective committee of fourteen elected and appointed university students who oversee the budgeting process for all registered student organizations on campus. The committee meets weekly on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. to hear student organizations’ requests for funding and to make decisions on those requests. This is a great opportunity to get involved, enhance communication skills, meet new people, have a voice in how your student activity fee money is spent at UM and have some fun, too! Regular attendance is required, so you must have the time slot (3:30-5:30 p.m.) free on Wednesday afternoons. Applications are available in Whitten University Center, room 209. The deadline for accepting applications is Sep. 5. Any questions? Visit us online at www.miami.edu/safac or email safacum@aol.com.

Richter Library web site revamped

The Richter Library’s web site, recently redesigned and featuring a Flash-based navigation system, is now live. This fall, the site will launch both an e-chat reference service and robust meta-database interlinking system. Faculty and staff are encouraged to have a look at the Richter Library Web log to read more about some of these new services.

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

University leaders from the Americas explore creating a Hemispheric University Consortium to work to ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...