Rich kids on A.R.E. and the sober Miamians who hate them

Portions of this article have appeared on Gawker.com and in the New York Post’s Page Six

It’s a humid-as-hell Fourth of July and an edgy Brain McPeck is sizing me up like he’s two seconds and two feet away from flinging a punch at my face inside the downtown club I/O. Sitting beside him sipping a Red Stripe, relatively vexed, is bassist and longtime friend Matt McAuley. One question into the interview and I’m already wondering if these guys are for real.

“We’ll pull the fucking interview right now. Seriously, no more questions about it,” growls the junkie-framed Brain, front man for the utterly insignificant but train wreck chic NYC outfit A.R.E. Weapons.

Color-drained images of Sex Pistol Johnny Rotten pulling this bullshit on Kurt Loder years back mix with muffled fireworks competing in the light-polluted sky outside. Repressed Southern boy confidence aroused from hours of holiday libation and barbecuing diminishes this decidedly minor threat even further. Practically the same build, I can take this guy. So, with a little rephrasing I decide to inquire once more about the band’s thoughts on The Brown Bunny, the recent cinematic Cannes fiasco in which actress Chlo

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...