Hurricane Sports Briefs

Women’s Soccer

The University of Miami soccer team played its final exhibition match of the season against No. 21 Florida Saturday morning at Cobb Stadium.
The Hurricanes had a strong outing the three 30-minute periods. Miami took seven shots on goal compared to four for UF.

“I was pleased with our overall performance today,” said head coach Tricia Taliaferro. “We came in with a set game plan and executed it very well. We will now go in and make some adjustments in preparation for the regular season.”
The two teams were scoreless after the first 30 minutes of play, with Miami taking six shots compared to only two for the Gators.

The only goal of the match came at the 47 minute mark as Amber Presnick of UF scored on a deflected ball by Miami goalkeeper Alex Alford. Miami tallied 13 total shots on the day while the Gators took 12 shots. Freshman keeper Alford made three saves in 90 minutes of action in her first outing as a Hurricane.

Brittni Goodwin of UF made four saves in 45 minutes, while Colleen Donovan made three saves in 45 minutes. Florida took seven corner kicks while Miami took three. Anik Huffman led Miami with three shots.

Miami opens the 2003 season on Friday, Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m. vs. Indiana in the FAU tournament in Boca Raton, Fla.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Darrell Langham's miraculous 28-yard catch set up Michael Badgley's game-winning field goa ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday evening at the 2017 Oracle/ITA ...

The University of Miami women's rowing team opened the fall portion of its 2017-18 schedule on ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami volleyball team demonstrated skill on both sides of the ball Sunday, sweepin ...