Hurricane Sports Briefs

Women’s Soccer

The University of Miami soccer team played its final exhibition match of the season against No. 21 Florida Saturday morning at Cobb Stadium.
The Hurricanes had a strong outing the three 30-minute periods. Miami took seven shots on goal compared to four for UF.

“I was pleased with our overall performance today,” said head coach Tricia Taliaferro. “We came in with a set game plan and executed it very well. We will now go in and make some adjustments in preparation for the regular season.”
The two teams were scoreless after the first 30 minutes of play, with Miami taking six shots compared to only two for the Gators.

The only goal of the match came at the 47 minute mark as Amber Presnick of UF scored on a deflected ball by Miami goalkeeper Alex Alford. Miami tallied 13 total shots on the day while the Gators took 12 shots. Freshman keeper Alford made three saves in 90 minutes of action in her first outing as a Hurricane.

Brittni Goodwin of UF made four saves in 45 minutes, while Colleen Donovan made three saves in 45 minutes. Florida took seven corner kicks while Miami took three. Anik Huffman led Miami with three shots.

Miami opens the 2003 season on Friday, Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m. vs. Indiana in the FAU tournament in Boca Raton, Fla.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...