Scott Sadowski: SG president gets personal

Student Government President Scott Sadowski, from Waukesha,Wis., inherits the position from Mike Johnston, and is hoping to defend the title that Johnston earned for UM: best student government for the private school sector in Florida, as ranked by Florida Leader Magazine.
However, Sadowski isn’t just about his job. He says he has a “work hard, play hard” mentality”.
For fun, Sadowski enjoys playing intramural sports, including arena football and volleyball. He is also the coach of his basketball team and works out five times a week.
“Working out is a reward to myself,” Sadowski said. “My goal is to maintain consistency.”
Sadowski also likes to go to the Grove and South Beach.
“I like a good mix of both places,” Sadowski said. “That’s the nice thing about Miami: you have those options.”
This summer, Sadowski held an internship at General Electric medical systems. Next summer, he’s setting his sights on Wall Street. Eventually, he hopes to go into corporate finance or investment banking.
Sadowski attributes his success to his parents.
“I got my scholastic drive from my dad, and my involvement qualities from my mom,” he said.
His parents say their son has always has been a team leader of organized sports and various projects in which he has participated.
“He is driven, focused and knows how to rally his team to achieve results,” his father James said.
“Scotty is a unique individual. He always initiates projects for the benefit of others in his community,” his mother Nancy said. “I believe his caring, hard working, and creative character will demonstrate what a great leader he will prove to be.”
Currently, Sadowski is working on many of the issues from his presidential platform, including improving shuttle service around campus and the Grove and working with the Convocation Center [C-Center] to improve parking and student seating.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...