RSMAS:where the ocean meets the world

Not many students are aware that UM has a marine school, but the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science [RSMAS] is the university’s graduate school for the marine sciences, as well as one of the premier oceanographic research and education institutions in the nation.
RSMAS is located on a 16-acre campus on Virginia Key in Miami, and is the only subtropical applied and basic marine and atmospheric research institute of its kind in the continental U.S.
With more than 100 Ph.D. faculty members, 150 graduate students and 250 support staff comprising the academic community, there are numerous opportunities for multi-disciplinary research and interaction in applied marine physics, marine and atmospheric chemistry, marine biology and fisheries, marine geology and geophysics, meteorology and physical oceanography, and marine affairs and policy.
There are unique opportunities available for graduate students, such as being a researcher onboard Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas, the first-ever cruise ship outfitted with high-tech ocean and atmospheric instruments and science labs. Undergraduate students can participate in Rosenstiel’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program, which allows them to experience graduate level research and school. Through excellence in research and education, the Rosenstiel School is helping to further education in the areas of fisheries, oceans and human health, hurricane warnings, climate change and coral reefs.
For more information, visit www.rsmas.miami.edu or call Sacheen Tavares at 305-361-4629.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...