Life & Art Disclaimer

Dear Reader,

The editors of Life & Art would like to make clear that all articles recently published online are part of UM’s “First Impression,” a totally separate publication used to promote the college, with no direct relation to “The Miami Hurricane,” UM’s student run newspaper.

We have received several e-mails inquiring about the changes, so let us make clear that there are none. “The Miami Hurricane”‘ will begin publishing again when classes are back in session. We apologize for any confusion the recent e-mail edition may have caused.

To our incoming freshmen, we’d like to personally welcome you to UM. If you are an aspiring feature/lifestyles journalist, be sure to stop by our office, located in the upstairs of the UC, room 221. Also, you can read/view previous Life & Art articles in the online archives (provided on the Web site).

cheers –

Hunter Stephenson, Life & Art Editor
Omar Sommereyns, Life & Art Associate Editor

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...