News Briefs

During reading days and final exams, the Richter Library will remain open 24 hours a day. The library will open on Saturday, April 26 at 9 a.m. and remain continuously open until Thursday, May 8. The library will close at 11 p.m. on May 8. For a detailed library schedule, visit the library website at www.library.miami.edu/general/hours.html.

Lost your cell phone? Can’t find your keys? Then be sure to stop by the Information Desk at the UC to see if they have your missing possessions in lost and found. Lost and found is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

As the semester comes to end, voice your opinion about your professors, whether you love them or hate them, at www.myprofessorsucks.com. This is your chance to give THEM a grade.

Combined graduation ceremonies for UM undergraduates and graduates will take place during four ceremonies on Friday, May 9; the School of Medicine will hold its graduation on Saturday, May 10; and the School of Law will hold graduation on Sunday, May 18.
All together, more than 3,000 students will graduate at the Convocation Center,
The schedule is as follows for combined ceremonies on Friday, May 9:
School of Business Administration commencement takes place at 8:30 a.m. Arthur Levitt, the longest-serving chair of the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission and former chair of the American Stock Exchange, will receive the Doctor of Humane Letters honorary degree.
The combined ceremony for the School of Architecture, Continuing Studies, Education, Music and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science will take place at 12:30 p.m. Susan Solomon, atmospheric scientist and leading researcher on ozone depletion in Antarctica, will receive the Doctor of Science honorary degree.
At 4 p.m., the School of Communication, College of Engineering, School of Medicine (graduate degrees) and School of Nursing commencement will take place. Jeffrey Immelt, CEO and Chair of General Electric, will receive the Doctor of Humane Letters honorary degree.
The College of Arts and Sciences completes the day at 7:30 p.m. with their commencement ceremony. Wynn Handman, Artistic Director and Co-Founder of the American Place Theatre in New York, will receive the honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters, and Cundo Berm

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Darrell Langham's miraculous 28-yard catch set up Michael Badgley's game-winning field goa ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday evening at the 2017 Oracle/ITA ...

The University of Miami women's rowing team opened the fall portion of its 2017-18 schedule on ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami volleyball team demonstrated skill on both sides of the ball Sunday, sweepin ...