Campus Calendar

TODAY
Need a break from finals? Then don’t miss the Finals Fiesta from 4 to 6 p.m. on the bridge between Stanford and Hecht Residential Colleges. Join MSA, Eaton, Hecht and Hurricane Productions in celebrating the last day of class. Come by for some great food, music by DJ Sage and prize giveaways.

The recent recipient of the Provost’s Award for Scholarly Activity, Dr. David Ellison, professor of French and chair of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, will present a lecture titled “Proust and the Art of Lying.” This event will take place at 5 p.m. in Room 331 of the James W. McLamore Executive Education Center in the School of Business. A reception in the Executive Education Center Dining Room will follow.

Come hear how you can put your degree to work in making a difference in someone’s life. Do not miss the Peace Corps Information Session and Video Presentation from noon to 1 p.m. in University Center Room 233. For more information, contact Erin Seiler, Peace Corps Campus Recruiter at e.seiler@umiami.edu.

SATURDAY APRIL 26
The Hammond-Butler Inspirational Concert Choir are having their annual Spring Concert at 7 p.m. in Gusman Concert Hall. There will be singing, dancing, sign language and a steel drum band. Come and be uplifted! If you have never been to one of their concerts, you don’t want to miss this one. Tickets are $5 for students and are available in the breezeway.

MONDAY APRIL 28
The University of Miami community is invited to honor history professor Dr. Robert Levine at a memorial service from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Lowe Art Museum. The author of more than two dozen books on Brazil, Cuba and photographic analysis, Dr. Levine died April 1 of complications from brain cancer.
Dr. Levine joined UM in 1981 and has an extensive University service record. Dr. Levine served as chair of the Department of History from 1983 to 1991, director of the Latin American Studies program and, most recently, director of the Center for Latin American Studies. He founded the Institute for Public History in 1982.
In 1999, Dr. Levine was appointed as the first Gabelli Senior Scholar in Arts and Sciences.

Finals are approaching, which means high stress. If you are feeling overwhelmed with your studies, the Wellness Center can help! Come and take a load off after a long day of classes with the Wellness Center’s Stress Less Days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. for two relaxing days of yoga, studio cycling, chair massage, music therapy, table games, information tables, refreshments, etc. For more information or a schedule, contact 305-284-6524. This event is sponsored by the Wellness Center, Dean of Students Office, STRIKE and PHATE.

The Dr. M. Lee Pearce Chair in Middle East Peace Studies invites you to attend the Eleventh Annual Luria Family Foundation Lecture by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Member of the United States House of Representatives and Chairwoman of the House Sub-Committee on the Middle East and Central Asia, on “The United States in the Middle East – A View from the House.”
The event will take place from 8 to 10 p.m. at The Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies. The lecture is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. For more information, contact ccjs@miami.edu or call 305-284-6882.

TUESDAY APRIL 2
Stress Less Days continue at the Wellness Center form 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information contact 305-284-6524.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...