Yellow Rose presents ‘GENESIS’

The Yellow Rose Society, an organization comprised of mostly minority women that focuses on community outreach, academic achievement, peer education and leadership in order to promote unity, held their annual play, GENESIS, on Thursday night in the UC I-Lounge.
GENESIS is a play written, produced, directed and performed by the members of Yellow Rose Society that dramatically represents issues affecting young women.
“People have said that it was better this year then last year,” Christina Coleman, freshman, said. “I guess it just gets better and better every year.” The theme for this year’s play was “Sister to Sister. . . Words of Wisdom.”
This year, the play examined domestic violence and other issues. One skit depicted a girl leaving her boyfriend because of his drug use.
“It was a good thing because she made the right decision,” Coleman said.
Another skit looked at roommate issues ending with one roommate moving out.
“It showed how to solve problems and make things better,” Coleman said.
The Yellow Rose Society and GENESIS are also nominated for a SOAR award for Excellence in Programming in performance.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...