eye filler: Reggae Fest at the Convocation Center

Lighting up the joint: UM’s Convocation Center is turning into quite the lucrative concert venue. This past Saturday, Power 96 and an auto-maker hosted a reggae event that had a sold out crowd of local Miamians and UM students getting “irie.”

Opener Red Rat took stabs at political commentary, telling everyone that Dubya should smoke some herb and chill out. Inner Circle performed their “Bad Boys” signature before the Marley Brothers lit up the stage with an extensive ensemble and got people shaking their “ting” to the riddim.

Before the headliners appeared, booty dancers entertained the crowd. When Sean Paul, Beenie Man and Wayne Wonder hit the stage, the venue was happily dazed.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...