Campus Calendar

TODAY
If you’re looking for happiness, try stopping by Learning Center 170 at 8 p.m. The Department of Religious Studies of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Society for the Study of Religions and Cultures present Lama Zopa Rinpoche on the topic of “How to Live a Happy Life.” He will explain in simple terms how the very thing we are seeking is never separate from us. Lama Zopa Rinpoche is director of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition, a world-wide organization of 135 Tibetan Buddhist centers, schools, hospitals and publishing houses. He is one of the greatest Buddhist masters and one of the first Tibetan Lamas to bring Buddhism to the West. For additional information call Ada Orlando at 305-284-4733.

The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) hosts the Take Back the Night walking vigil at 7:30 p.m. beginning at the UC Rock. The walk will circle the campus, then return to the Rock for a ceremony including guest speakers, poetry readings by students, music and singing.

International Week: “Around the World in 8 Days” continues with Africa Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fun continues with Africa Night from 7 to 9 p.m.

Save a life by becoming a blood donor. The Wellness Center is holding a blood drive from 4 to 9 p.m. in the atrium. For more information, call the Wellness Suite at 305-284-5433.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 9

Want to be on TV? Then be sure to attend the taping of a new improvisation comedy show, the Canes of Comedy, to be aired on UMTV and around South Florida. Audience members will not only get to watch eight hilarious UM students perform Whose Line is it Anyway? type scenes, they’ll get to participate! Doors to the Studio Theatre in Hecht open at 8 p.m., but arrive early because seating is limited. Plan to stay about two hours and you could win prizes! For information, contact canesofcomedy@hotmail.com

International Week continues their trip “Around the World in 8 Days” with European Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The festivities continue with European Night from 7 to 9 p.m.

Stanford Residential College would like to welcome students to attend “A Slice of Life” at 8 p.m. in the Master’s Apartment. Come Join Jessica Rios, doctoral student in the School of Education, for a lively evening of activities promoting Cultural Awareness as well as a sampling of delicious desserts from around the world!

THURSDAY APRIL 10
Some Latin flavor comes to International Week with Latin Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and with Latin Night from 7 to 9 p.m.

Scientist and professor of ecology Robin L. Chazdon is the featured speaker at the 2003 Gifford Arboretum and Sigma-Xi Lecture and Art Opening at 7 p.m.at the Cox Science Center Lobby and Lecture Hall. The lecture, titled Tropical Forest Recovery: Legacies of Human Intervention and Natural Disturbances, is free and open to the public. The lecture, preceded by a tour of the Arboretum and followed by a wine and cheese reception from 8 to 9:30 p.m., will be featuring an exhibit of sculptures and paintings on the theme of Regrowth, Renewal and Regeneration. For more information, contact Carol Horvitz at 305-284-5364.

FRIDAY APRIL 11
International Week continues with Caribbean Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fun continues with a Pacific Night Luau from 7 to 9 p.m. But that’s not all! Don’t miss the Caribbean Night Concert from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

SATURDAY APRIL 12
International Week comes to an end with a Feast of Nations. Don’t miss the International Week Banquet at Crowne Plaza Hotel from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.

MONDAY APRIL 14
Join FEC in celebrating Three Days of Cuban Culture. The days begin with Opening Ceremonies at 11 a.m. on the UC Patio. Come watch a children’s cultural performance. Enjoy Cuban coffee, pictures in traditional costume, music and dancing.

Three Days of Cuban Culture hosts a domino competition at 2 p.m. on the UC Patio. Pay $5 a pair and play against the older generation of domino players from the legendary Calle Ocho park as you sip Cuban coffee. Winners get a prize. Also, pass by and pick up a freshly rolled Cigar as you play.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...