News Briefs

Hip hop producer and DJ Prince Paul is finally emerging from obscurity: his new album, Politics of the Business, hits stores on May 6 and the lineup of guests looks juicy (Fatlip, MF Doom, Masta Ace, DJ Premier, the Beatnuts and Planet Asia, among others). Supposedly, dude is parodying hip hop and describes the LP as “fast food music,” but, honestly, ya’ll can’t sleep on everything this guy’s done in the past with De La Soul and Stetsasonic, so show some respect.

If any of you are interested in the sexual experimentation (and myths) that flooded through the ’60s and ’70s, cop the new memoir by Kathy Dobie, The Only Girl in the Car, exploring the recklessness and ambiguity of teenage sex. The story focuses on a year in high school during the days of Jimi Hendrix and flower power when the author was a self-ascribed “slut” and was trapped into having an orgy with four guys when she was 15.

One Love, a flick that’s the Jamaican version of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, is currently in post-production and set to hit the screens in 2004. Ky-Mani Marley, son of reggae legend Bob Marley, plays the lead role and also cameod in 2001’s Shottas, a film about the country’s underworld. We don’t know what to anticipate from One Love, except that the title is clich

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

University leaders from the Americas explore creating a Hemispheric University Consortium to work to ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...