Campus Calendar

TODAY
Asian American Awareness Week continues with an Asian Cultural Fashion Show. Student models will be showcasing authentic ethnic and historical costumes from various parts of Asia. The fashion show ill be in the UC I-lounge at 7 p.m.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 2

Don’t miss India Day, a whole day dedicated to Indian culture, customs and traditions as part of Asian American Awareness Week.

Did you ever want to kick butts? If so, participate in the UM chapter of STRIKE Cigarette Trade-In day in honor of Kick Butts day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the UC Rock. Smokers can trade in a pack of their cigarettes for a UM visor. For more information, contact 305-284-6524.
Nordstrom at the Village at Merrick Park invites you to “Opening a Multi-Billion Dollar Store” with presentations by Vicki Lopez, store manager, and MaryAnn Gunther, human resource manager. The event will be from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Storer auditorium. Be sure to attend to find out about paid internships offered all over the U.S. Refreshments will be served. RSVP is not needed. Dress is casual. For more information, contact 305-284-4052.

Greek Week continues with Junkanoo, Organized Cheer, Singled Out and a canned food drive for Farm Share on the UC patio at 7 p.m.

The Academic Development Center invites you to This is Only a Test: How to Survive Finals, at 1 p.m. in the ADC classroom. This is your chance to improve your test preparation and performance. Learn how to plan for exams and study actively to make efficient use of your study time.

Join the Hurricane baseball team as they take on Florida Atlantic University at 7 p.m. at Mark Light Stadium.

THURSDAY APRIL 3

Asian American Awareness Week presents FUSHU Taiko Drummers of Dania perform traditional Japanese style drumming on campus on the UC Patio at 8 p.m.

The members of Yellow Rose present their award-winning annual production of GENESIS at 7 p.m. in the UC I-lounge. The theme for this year is “Sister to Sister.” Join Yellow Rose as they address a range of issues affecting young women. Everyone is encouraged to attend.

FRIDAY APRIL 4
Asian American Awareness Week continues with Asia Day. Don’t miss cultural booths with exhibits, food and displays from Asian American Student Association, Filipino Students Association and the Indian Students Association on the UC patio from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Asian American Awareness Week ends with One Night of Asia. The event will feature cultural dances, kung-fu exhibits, various ceremonial dances and music featuring AASA, ISA and Filipino Student Association. The ceremony begins at 7 p.m.

Don’t miss the Greek Week mystery event at 6 p.m. in the UC ballrooms. Theme TBA.

SATURDAY APRIL 5

You’re invited to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Times Square with the Greek Week Dance-a-thon and Say What Songfest from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. at the Rat.

SUNDAY APRIL 6

Greek Week hosts their closing ceremonies with Fantasy Fest in Key West at the Rat at 4 p.m.

TUESDAY APRIL 8

The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) hosts the Take Back the Night walking vigil at 7:30 p.m. beginning at the UC Rock. The walk will circle the campus and then return to the Rock for a ceremony including guest speakers, poetry readings by students, music and singing.

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...