Sports Briefs

Rowing
The University of Miami women’s varsity eight, varsity four and novice four won six of eight head-to-head races against the University of Connecticut in the first rowing contest of the spring season Saturday morning at Indian Creek , Miami Beach, Fla.
“This was certainly an exciting kick-off to our spring racing season,” said coach Debra Morgan. “Our coxswains did an excellent job leading our crews to a number of well rowed victories. We look forward to the Florida State Championships and San Diego Crew Classic. We had some extra volunteers at the finish line; the dolphins were out in force! We are certainly lucky to row here.”
The Hurricanes return to action April 4 at the Florida State Championships, Tampa Fla. and April 4-5 San Diego Crew Classic (V8 only), San Diego, Calf.

Women’s Golf
University of Miami sophomore Tina Miller fired a final round 72 to finish second at the Waterlefe/USF Invitational at Waterlefe Golf Club in Bradenton, Fla.
Miller, who posted a three-round total of 218 (74-72-72), finished one stroke behind tournament champion Drae Ward of TCU who finished with a three round total of 217 (76-70-71).
Miami junior Camilla Hilland also finished in the top-10 posting a score of 225 (78-72-75).
As a team the Hurricanes finished tied for ninth with a three-round total of 939 (317-315-307). TCU won the team total with a score of 898 (307-292-299). Host South Florida finished second (302-311-294-907) with Penn State finishing third (307-308-297-912).
Miami returns to action March 22-24 at the Stetson Invitational in DeLand, FL.

Women’s Volleyball
The University of Miami volleyball team will be competing in a number of tournaments throughout Florida this spring including those hosted by South Florida, the University of Florida, and one on the Coral Gables campus as they prepare to build on what they accomplished in 2002-2003.
Saturday, March 22, the Hurricanes will travel to Florida and compete against teams from throughout the country. UM will play host Florida at 9 a.m.; Wisconsin at 10:15 a.m.; and Louisville at 1:15 p.m. All matches will be held in the Lemerand Center.
Saturday, March 29, UM will visit South Florida. The Hurricanes will play USF at 8 a.m., Central Florida at 9:30 a.m., and Northwestern at 11 a.m.
UM will host its own tournament Saturday, April 5. The Hurricanes’ own tournament will include challenging teams from Barry, Miami-Dade Community College, Tulane, Florida International, and Florida Atlantic.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...