Campus Calendar

TODAY
Learn about the Life of an Outlaw with AKA while watching 8 Mile at 7:08 p.m. at the Hecht Masters Apartment.

Don’t miss Greek Week opening ceremonies at 4 p.m. at the Rat. The theme is “The Great Greek Agoura.”

Planet Kreyol presents Karnaval at the Rat from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

SATURDAY MARCH 29
Be sure to Toss it Up… and party at the Rat with AKA from 9:39 p.m. to 2:08 p.m. It’s a white-out party featuring DJ Scoobs. Non-UM students are five dollars. The attire is all white.

Greek Week presents “Running of the Bulls in Pamplona” as Olympic Day at 11 a.m. in the Wellness Center.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Join Planet Kreyol for the Haitian Culture week Closing Banquet in the UC Ballrooms at 7 p.m.

MONDAY MARCH 31
The Asian American Student Association presents Asian Awareness Week beginning with Anime Night. Don’t miss Japanese animations showing in Mahoney Classroom 104 starting at 7:30 p.m. Popcorn and beverages will be served.

The Department of Multicultural Student Affairs presents “Access Granted,” at noon in the UC Ballrooms C and D. Lunch will be provided. Access Granted is an open forum for black students to discuss issues affecting the black student community at the University of Miami. Special guests from the black faculty and staff will be present to dialogue with students and address issues on campus and in the South Florida community. Please RSVP by Thursday, March 27 by contacting MSA at 305-284-2855. Check out the Unified Newsletter at www.miami.edu/msa.
Greek Week hosts their keynote speaker at 6 p.m. in the UC ballrooms.

The Center for Research on Sports in Society in conjunction with the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and School of Law present the CRSS Distinguished Lecture, The Business of Sports Agents, presented by Ken Shropshire, J.D., David Hauck Professor of Legal Studies at the Wharton School. As a commentator, his views have appeared in USA Today, Sports Illustrated, and on NPR and Nightline. The lecture is at 7 p.m. at the Storer Auditorium. Please RSVP to 305-284-3690.

Stanford Residential College is hosting the first ever Career Carnival! Come and talk to advisors and professors from all different colleges: Communication, Business/Law, Arts and Sciences and Pre-Med and see what they did in order to succeed. Plus: internship ideas from the Toppel Career Center and Grad School planning with Kaplan. Lots of fun carnival food, games and prizes, including FREE books for Kaplan classes and 50 percent off the class, resume paper and envelopes, CDs and much more! This event will be from 7 to 9 p.m. in Stanford Residential College. Please Contact Sara Miga at smiga@miami.edu with any questions.

The School of Music is having a media writing and production concert at Clarke Recital Hall at 8 p.m. The event will feature both undergraduate and graduate students’ original songs. For more information, contact Kristina Noss at 786-877-7434 or Alex Lyons at 215-570-3247.

TUESDAY APRIL 1
Asian American Awareness Week continues with an Asian Cultural Fashion Show. Student models will be showcasing various, authentic, ethnic and historical costumes from various parts of Asia. The fashion show will be in the UC I-lounge at 7 p.m.

WEDNESDAY APRIL 2

Don’t miss India Day, dedicated to Indian culture, customs and traditions, as part of Asian American Awareness Week.

Did you ever want to kick butts? If so, participate in the UM chapter of STRIKE Cigarette Trade-In day in honor of Kick Butts day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the UC Rock. Smokers can trade in a pack of their cigarettes for a UM visor. For more information, contact 305-284-6524.

Nordstrom at the Village at Merrick Park invites you to “Opening a Multi-Billion Dollar Store” with presentations by Vicki Lopez, store manager, and MaryAnn Gunther, Human Resource Manager. The event will be from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Storer auditorium. Be sure to attend to find out about paid internships offered all over the U.S. Refreshments will be served. RSVP is not needed. Dress is casual. For more information, contact 305-284-4052.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...