Before settling on floor plans, Frank isn’t finished with track

One thing that the Miami Hurricanes’ track team has been able to count on over the past four seasons is the proven talent of senior Kenneth Frank.
Last weekend at the Hurricane Invitational, Frank qualified for the Big East Outdoor Championships with a time of 14.90 in the 110-meter hurdles. This marks the third time Frank has qualified for the event in his collegiate career.
Frank comes from Pomona, New York and he had the same reasoning for coming to Miami as a lot of other students from up north do.
“I primarily chose it for the weather,” Frank said. “But also I was looking for a school that had Division one track and that would let me do architecture and Miami turned out to be the only one.”
The architecture major had many schools after him when he came out of North Rockland High School. Syracuse, Michigan, and Notre Dame are just a few that Frank considered.
Frank, who started running competitively when he was twelve, also has a very logical superstition as it corresponds with the injury problems he has had in the past.
“My superstition is to stay away from the training room because I am sick of it and don’t want to go back in,” Frank said.
Frank runs both indoor and outdoor track and he has excelled in each over his stay here at Miami. This despite the fact that Frank endures tough practices almost everyday in the South Florida heat.
“I’ll get out there and practice my hurtles and do some rhythm workouts and then on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I get into the weight room for some training in there,” Frank said
Last season, Frank finished second in the outdoor 100-meter hurdles at the South Florida Invitational with a time of 14.67 seconds. The native from Kingston, Jamaica also two other top five finishes in 2002.
The Hurricanes travel to Gainesville this weekend at the Florida Relays. Frank has some hopes for improving his times.
“This is the best start I’ve gotten with a 14.90 and hopefully I’ll be able to place high like maybe 3rd, Frank said. “So we’ll see what happens.”
Right now, Frank has just one long-term goal in mind.
“Basically my goal for the rest of the year is to finish the season,” Frank said. “I haven’t finished one yet.”

Doug Kroll can be reached at DStorm13@aol.com.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...