News Briefs

Tonight
Emo rocksters Rainer Maria perform at the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami, a venue reminiscent of your high school dance hall. Mates of State and Saturday Looks Good to Me hit the stage as well. Show starts at 10 p.m. All ages. $8. 305-634-3907.

’70s rock group Lynyrd Skynyrd, who created such hits as “Sweet Home Alabama,” get wild at the Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE 6th St., Pompano Beach. Tix are $40.75-$76.

50 Cent raps at Star Bar, 100 SW 3rd Ave., Ft Lauderdale. Number N/A.

Sarurday, March 8th
Shit gets funky at the Langerado Music Festival: 15 bands (including Medeski, Martin and Wood, moe., G-Love & Special Sauce, MOFRO and the Codetalkers), 11 a.m.-11 p.m. at the Fort Lauderdale Stadium Festival Grounds, 5301 NW 12th Ave., Ft Lauderdale. $32.50 in advance, $40 at the door. 800-594-TIXX.

Feast your eye on art inspired by Western influences on Japanese culture at The Art Lab, 1919 Sunset Harbor Dr., Miami Beach. Pieces by Peter Giovenco, Jaie Hwang, Miguel Paredes and Geisha performance by Elaine Lancaster.7-10 p.m. 305-695-8200.

Poplife hosts a performance by Pencilgrass, a band you’ve heard and seen at UM parties while refilling red cups with piss-water beer. They’re playing in the frontyard at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $7. 305-573-8221.

Sunday, March 9th
Get rowdy at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, with Dream to Riot, Anesthetic and Painting David’s Face. Cover varies. 305-757-1807.

Saturday, April 5th
Beenie Man, Sean Paul, Wayne Wonder and others spit dancehall rhythms at UM’s Convocation Center, 1245 Walsh Ave. $22.25. 305-284-8686.

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA National Player to Watch hon ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano will face Arkansas' Osca ...

The bracket for the NCAA Singles Championship is set and Miami sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba will ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...