News Briefs

Tonight
Emo rocksters Rainer Maria perform at the Polish American Club, 1250 NW 22nd Ave., Miami, a venue reminiscent of your high school dance hall. Mates of State and Saturday Looks Good to Me hit the stage as well. Show starts at 10 p.m. All ages. $8. 305-634-3907.

’70s rock group Lynyrd Skynyrd, who created such hits as “Sweet Home Alabama,” get wild at the Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE 6th St., Pompano Beach. Tix are $40.75-$76.

50 Cent raps at Star Bar, 100 SW 3rd Ave., Ft Lauderdale. Number N/A.

Sarurday, March 8th
Shit gets funky at the Langerado Music Festival: 15 bands (including Medeski, Martin and Wood, moe., G-Love & Special Sauce, MOFRO and the Codetalkers), 11 a.m.-11 p.m. at the Fort Lauderdale Stadium Festival Grounds, 5301 NW 12th Ave., Ft Lauderdale. $32.50 in advance, $40 at the door. 800-594-TIXX.

Feast your eye on art inspired by Western influences on Japanese culture at The Art Lab, 1919 Sunset Harbor Dr., Miami Beach. Pieces by Peter Giovenco, Jaie Hwang, Miguel Paredes and Geisha performance by Elaine Lancaster.7-10 p.m. 305-695-8200.

Poplife hosts a performance by Pencilgrass, a band you’ve heard and seen at UM parties while refilling red cups with piss-water beer. They’re playing in the frontyard at Piccadilly Garden, 35 NE 40th St., Miami. $7. 305-573-8221.

Sunday, March 9th
Get rowdy at Churchill’s, 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, with Dream to Riot, Anesthetic and Painting David’s Face. Cover varies. 305-757-1807.

Saturday, April 5th
Beenie Man, Sean Paul, Wayne Wonder and others spit dancehall rhythms at UM’s Convocation Center, 1245 Walsh Ave. $22.25. 305-284-8686.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team fought valiantly at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center, but ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...