Come an’ Git Yer Love at the Ambrosino Gallery: Goats are so ’96

Artist Paul Mullins has a fine eye for trailer trash and has explored this subject in various conditions–i.e., wrestling, partying and other curious poses.

Currently at the Ambrosino Gallery in North Miami, his new show Come an Git Yer Love is a peculiar drawing and ink study of human/animal relations.

Notwithstanding the shock value that it conveys, one can look past the explicitness of the images and fathom how the artist delves into some unspoken impetuous instincts that lay deep in the murky abyss of our unconscious–obviously, these aren’t necessarily urges to take part of sexual interactions with animals, but rather impulses we may have that are brutish and animalistic, our brash, often erratic capriciousness.

Here, his “Longhorn (Me and You Baby)” (left) and “Bite (Roll on Blue Skies)” (right) are finely drawn and inked to display the primal emotion that must accompany them. As a sensible viewer, it’s wise not to take these images literally. They are pieces of art and are just the vision of one artist.

Call the gallery at 305-891-5577 for more info.

– Omar Sommereyns

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...