News Briefs

What’s up with musicians and pedophilia? Operation Ore, the U.K. onslaught on child pornography, is up full effect: after having arrested The Who’s Pete Townshend for allegedly viewing nude kiddies, the police took electro outfit Massive Attack’s Robert “3-D” Del Naja into custody as well. He’s been released on bail and claims to have never looked at naked kids, but the cops impounded “class A” drugs and his computer from his home in Bristol.

To those faithful prime-time TV fans: Sarah Michelle Gellar will not star in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” next fall. Moreover, the show’s future seems to be up in the air and many cast members believe it’s the final year for the program.

British rock group Blur announced the release of their new album, Think Tank, for May 5th-their first studio effort since 1999’s 13. Their old guitarist, Graham Coxon, has been replaced (because of discrepancies within the band) by ex-Verve member Simon Tong and, while most of the album’s production is handled by Ben Hillier, Fatboy Slim, electronic DJ and producer, lends his talents on two tracks as well.

Cradle 2 the Grave, a film pairing mainstream rapper DMX and martial arts superstar Jet Li, topped the box office with $17.1 million at this weekend’s opening.

Queens of the Stone Age, enigmatic rockers who borrowed Nirvana’s drummer Dave Grohl for their single and video “No One Knows,” are currently touring. They started in Las Vegas on Feb. 22nd and will end in Norfolfk, Virginia on March 24th. They stop at Ft. Lauderdale’s Culture Room on March 18th. Moroever, they were nominated for a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but shunned the awards ceremony on Feb. 23rd to instead play a show in Pomona, California.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...