UM Urban Legends Series: Sylvester Stallone’s UM porn flick

Many students find it strange that Sylvester Stallone earned his degree in Theatre Arts from UM in 1998 at the age of 52.
Some think that he could have possibly been suspended sometime during his undergraduate enrollment at UM because he filmed a porn flick at the School of Communications.
Others believe he brought a fake bazooka to class during the taping of Rambo and was immediately arrested and expelled.
Some even say that Stallone used his professors for practice during the taping of Rocky.
“I’m not a big fan of the guy, but I’ve definitely heard all of the rumors,” John Hoyas, sophomore, said. “Something pretty bad had to have happened for his graduation to be delayed for so long.”
Stallone was actually a drama student at UM in 1969, but left to pursue an acting career in New York City.
Records show that he was three credits short of graduating when he dropped out.
It was while in New York that he appeared in a softcore porn film entitled Party at Kitty’s and Studs, which was later marketed as The Italian Stallion after he became famous.
“Maybe he didn’t film the movie at UM, but I bet he thought about it,” Hoyas said after he was told that Stallone was actually featured in a porn film.
It wasn’t until the late 70s and much of the 80s, when Stallone’s popularity was at its peak, that rumors ran rampant around the UM campus that Stallone had been suspended from UM because he was caught filming a porn in the Film Department.
“I was always under the impression that he had been discovered after his superb performance in the films he starred in and produced,” Gina Maslow, a former UM student, said. “Looking back, I should have known there was nothing too impressive about him.”
“I would have never thought he was actually a porn star,” Maslow said.
Despite the evidence, some students still believe the rumors.
“I want to do what he did,” Carlos Consuegra, senior, said. “That’s my idol.”
“What I want to know is what his porn name was – what was the plot?” Shannon Daion Harris, junior, said. “I bet he was UNICCO Man: ‘I’m here to take out your trash.'”

The UM Urban Legends Series has been concluded. In total, eight urban legends and rumors were investigated by the Miami Hurricane. The Miami Hurricane will consider the possibility of establishing another series if suggestions are brought to our attention.

Anyone interested in having an urban legend or rumor researched is encouraged to contact Jorge Arauz, News Editor, at xxarauzxx@yahoo.com.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...

Sean Grossman broke the 30-minute mark to set a school record in the men's 10,000m at the Virgi ...