UM Urban Legends Series: Sylvester Stallone’s UM porn flick

Many students find it strange that Sylvester Stallone earned his degree in Theatre Arts from UM in 1998 at the age of 52.
Some think that he could have possibly been suspended sometime during his undergraduate enrollment at UM because he filmed a porn flick at the School of Communications.
Others believe he brought a fake bazooka to class during the taping of Rambo and was immediately arrested and expelled.
Some even say that Stallone used his professors for practice during the taping of Rocky.
“I’m not a big fan of the guy, but I’ve definitely heard all of the rumors,” John Hoyas, sophomore, said. “Something pretty bad had to have happened for his graduation to be delayed for so long.”
Stallone was actually a drama student at UM in 1969, but left to pursue an acting career in New York City.
Records show that he was three credits short of graduating when he dropped out.
It was while in New York that he appeared in a softcore porn film entitled Party at Kitty’s and Studs, which was later marketed as The Italian Stallion after he became famous.
“Maybe he didn’t film the movie at UM, but I bet he thought about it,” Hoyas said after he was told that Stallone was actually featured in a porn film.
It wasn’t until the late 70s and much of the 80s, when Stallone’s popularity was at its peak, that rumors ran rampant around the UM campus that Stallone had been suspended from UM because he was caught filming a porn in the Film Department.
“I was always under the impression that he had been discovered after his superb performance in the films he starred in and produced,” Gina Maslow, a former UM student, said. “Looking back, I should have known there was nothing too impressive about him.”
“I would have never thought he was actually a porn star,” Maslow said.
Despite the evidence, some students still believe the rumors.
“I want to do what he did,” Carlos Consuegra, senior, said. “That’s my idol.”
“What I want to know is what his porn name was – what was the plot?” Shannon Daion Harris, junior, said. “I bet he was UNICCO Man: ‘I’m here to take out your trash.'”

The UM Urban Legends Series has been concluded. In total, eight urban legends and rumors were investigated by the Miami Hurricane. The Miami Hurricane will consider the possibility of establishing another series if suggestions are brought to our attention.

Anyone interested in having an urban legend or rumor researched is encouraged to contact Jorge Arauz, News Editor, at xxarauzxx@yahoo.com.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...