Sports Briefs

Women’s Golf
University of Miami sophomore Tina Miller fired a final round 69 to win the UCF Invitational by one stroke over teammate Camilla Hilland.
The victory is the first of Miller’s collegiate career and marks the second time this season a Hurricane has won an individual title. Hilland won the Lady Panther Intercollegiate during the fall season.
As a team the Hurricanes shot 305 on Tuesday finishing in a tie for second with a two-day total of 615. Rollins College won the event with a two-day score of 614.
Men’s Track and Field
Freshman Terrell Walden won the 60-meter title to highlight Sunday’s action at the Big East Indoor Track and Field Championships in Syracuse, NY.
Walden, who led four Hurricanes in the top-6, won with a time of 6.82. Freshman Travarous Bain finished third with a time of 6.83 while sophomore Tanard Davis took fourth (6.84) and junior Roscoe Parrish placing sixth (6.92).
Bain also scored in the 200-meters placing fifth with a time of 21.93.
Senior Kenny Frank placed sixth in the 60-meter hurdles (8.39) while freshman Ryan Moore took fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 14.68 meters (48-02.00).
Senior Jabari Ennis, competing in his final Big East meet, took second in the pole vault with a mark of 5.10 meters (16-08.75).

Men’s Basketball
University of Miami senior forward James Jones has been selected to the 2003 Verizon Academic All-District II Men’s Basketball team. Jones is now eligible for the national Verizon Academic All-America Team, which will be announced on March 6.
This marks the second consecutive season Jones has earned Verizon Academic All-District honors.
Joining Jones as All-District selections are Matt Bonner, Adam Hess, Jon Larranaga and Brad McKeiver.
Jones has started all 22 games at power forward this season for the Hurricanes and is averaging 16.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game. He currently ranks second on the team in scoring while leading the team in rebounding and blocked shots. He has recorded 21 double-figure scoring games and a team-high three double-doubles. He has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 12 times.
Jones (6-8, 225) is a three-time Big East Academic All-Star and carries a 3.405 cumulative GPA in finance. He was named a 2001 Arthur Ashe Scholar Athlete and was runner-up for the 2001-02 Big East Basketball Scholar-Athlete Award.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...