UM student named “Boy of the Year”

Sean Klitzner, a UM sophomore, has been voted 2002 “Boy of the Year” by Boy Crazy! Magazine, winning a $10,000 scholarship and a brand new Volkswagen Beetle with his new title displayed on the hood.
“It was quite a surprise when I actually won because it’s almost a ‘too good to be true’ scenario,” Sean Klitzner said.
Klitzner is currently a motion pictures and theatre major. He found out about the contest through a friend of his family, who suggested he enter to get his name and face out there. Sean took their advice and entered himself in the contest.
“I’m looking to entertain through acting, stand-up comedy or even directing and writing movies. So I thought this would be a good way to get started,” Klitzner said.
Klitzner went through a rigorous selection process and was selected from thousands of entries. He was named “Boy of the Week” in February 2002.
“Obviously looks played a big role, but most of the girls chose the guys who gave them good advice and who were just friendly and there for the girls when they needed us most,” Klitzner said.
Girls all over America pick the Boy of the Week and then at the end, all the winners are pooled together and the girls choose the Boy of the Year.
“I knew I had a pretty good shot of winning. I got a lot of fan mail through the website and some good responses from people,” Klitzner said. “After winning Boy of the Week, I got a really good vibe from all the girls and it brought even more fan mail for me.”
Klitzner found out he won in mid-November. He received the call while he was in class.
“I left class immediately when I found out it was Boy Crazy! Magazine that called. I did not know what it was about though, but I had a good feeling about it,” he said. “When I called them back they told me I had won. The feeling is unexplainable. I was ecstatic.”
Along with the scholarship and car, Klitzner also wins an appearance on the cover and centerfold of the magazine.
“Most of the people I know found out about the win. I get my fair share of teasing, but it’s well worth it,” Klitzner said. “It’s usually my buddies’ favorite conversation starter to the girls I talk to at parties.”
In his spare time, Sean likes to play numerous sports, including intramurals at UM. He has also been playing the piano for 12 years.
Klitzner is open to trying another competition similar to this one, and he thinks it will help him break into showbiz in the future.
“I’m just looking to get started as an actor like every other actor out there. Instead of waiting on tables and waiting for the opportunities to come to me, I’m looking for them myself,” Klitzner said.
You can visit the Boy Crazy! Magazine webite at www.boycrazy.com to see Sean Klitzner’s bio page and pictures.

Kathleen Fordyce can be contacted at K4Dice@aol.com.

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...