Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor:

I was absolutely appalled by Life & Art’s section entitled “eye filler” in today’s issue of The Hurricane. First of all, not all UM girls suffer from this “hormonal confusion” you speak of. And second of, for every girl that has a picture of some guy with a rock hard body hanging on her wall, you will find two guys that have pictures of scantily clad women with their breasts falling out of the scraps of clothing they try to pass off as bathing suits. This is type of sexist journalism should not be in our school’s newspaper. You make huge generalizations about the female students here and you completely fail to address the issue of males’ “hormonal confusion.” Sorry to disappoint you but not every girl sits in her room drooling over a picture of some guy cut out of an Abercrombie and Fitch bag.
Thank you,

Annette Ponnock
Freshman

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...

RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: cURL error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer