Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor:

I was absolutely appalled by Life & Art’s section entitled “eye filler” in today’s issue of The Hurricane. First of all, not all UM girls suffer from this “hormonal confusion” you speak of. And second of, for every girl that has a picture of some guy with a rock hard body hanging on her wall, you will find two guys that have pictures of scantily clad women with their breasts falling out of the scraps of clothing they try to pass off as bathing suits. This is type of sexist journalism should not be in our school’s newspaper. You make huge generalizations about the female students here and you completely fail to address the issue of males’ “hormonal confusion.” Sorry to disappoint you but not every girl sits in her room drooling over a picture of some guy cut out of an Abercrombie and Fitch bag.
Thank you,

Annette Ponnock
Freshman

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...